Pac-12 announces Women’s Lacrosse Weekly Honors
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Miranda Stinson, Sr., S, Colorado (Manakin Sabot, Va.)
2 GP, 12 g, 2 ast, 14 pts, 19 sog (82.6), 6 dc
• Led Colorado to a 2-0 weekend as the Buffs opened Pac-12 play on the road with an upset win against No. 15 Stanford, 20-13, and a dominant 17-11 victory against California.
• Against the Cardinal, she recorded four goals and two assists for six points while adding two ground balls and three draw controls in the victory.
• Set the school record with eight goals in a single game against California, breaking the former record of seven. Six of those were scored in the first half, which is the program’s second-most goals in a half.
• Third-career Pac-12 Lacrosse Offensive Player of the Week honor and the Buffs’ eighth offensive nod since last season.
Also nominated: Paige McGlothlin, ASU; Eliza Christman, CAL; Shannon Williams, ORE; Katherine Gjertsen, STAN; Sophia Donovan, USC
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Kerrigan Miller, Jr., M, USC (Bayport, N.Y.)
2 GP, 3 goals, 9 gb, 6 dc, 8 ct
• Collected nine ground balls and caused eight turnovers and scored three goals as USC won its Conference opener versus Arizona State, 15-3, and bested nationally ranked Virginia Tech, 13-11.
• The reigning Pac-12 Midfielder of the Year matched a career best with six ground balls and had a season high five caused turnovers against No. 24 Virginia Tech.
• Collects first Defensive Player of the Week nod after collecting one offensive award last year (March 19) for USC’s fourth all-time defensive honor.
Also nominated: Kylie Kroeger, ASU; Lizabanks Campagna, CAL; Madi Wifall, COLO; Rachel Hall, ORE; Trudie Grattan, STAN
2019 PAC-12 WOMEN'S LACROSSE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Offensive Player of the Week||Defensive Player of the Week|
|Feb. 11||Shannon Williams, ORE||Kaylon Buckner, ASU|
|Feb. 18||Miranda Stinson, COLO||Eliza Cahill, COLO|
|Feb. 25||Emily Concialdi, USC||Trudie Grattan, STAN|
|March 4||Ali Baiocco, STAN||Trudie Grattan, STAN|
|March 11||Miranda Stinson, COLO||Kerrigan Miller, USC|
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 3:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 5:00pm PTLive