Pac-12 announces Softball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Lindsay Rood, Sr., SS, California (Danville, Calif.)
5 GP, 11 hits, 6 2B, 1 HR, 8 RBIs, .647 AVG, .632 OBP
• Dominated the plate last week, going 11-for-17 (.647) with eight RBIs to guide California to a 5-0 week and extend its five-inning win streak to seven games for the longest in program history.
• Included in her 11 hits was a homer, triple, six doubles and nine runs, highlighted by back-to-back three-run and three RBI games against Niagara (14-3) and Hawai'i (14-0).
• As the leadoff, she (4-for-5) set the tone for the Golden Bears’ offense and was a homer shy of hitting for the cycle after recording a single, two doubles and a triple in Cal’s 12-0 win over St. Bonaventure.
• Currently tops the Pac-12 in hitting percentage (.488), which also ranks 12th in the country.
• The legal studies major collects her first Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and earns the first weekly nod for Cal since she was tabbed freshman of the week on May 2, 2016.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Gabbie Plain, So., P, Washington (Harrington Park, Australia)
3 GP, 3 wins, 21.0 IP, 37 K, 0 runs, 2 hits, 4 BB, 0.00 ERA
• Averaged 12.33 strikeouts per seven innings last week to earn three wins at the Husky Classic.
• Became the first Husky in program history to throw back-to-back no-hitters, leading Washington to shutout victories over Northern Illinois (2-0) and Seattle (1-0), recording 25 strikeouts with four walks spanning the two outings.
• Set a career-high 15 strikeouts against Northern Illinois, tied for seventh-most in a game in UW history and is now the fifth Husky pitcher to record three or more career no-hitters.
• Opened the weekend with 12 strikeouts in the win over Ohio State (3-0), while conceding only two hits through the first four innings before retiring 10-straight batters.
• Has allowed only one run over her last 10 appearances (45.1 IP) and ranks sixth nationally with 3.03 hits allowed per seven innings.
• First Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week honor and fourth-career weekly honor after being tabbed Pac-12 Freshman of the Week three times last season. The pre-science major has been on the Dean’s List each of the last two terms and earns Washington’s 106th all-time weekly nod.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Megan Faraimo, Fr, P, UCLA (Vista, Calif.)
2 GP, 2 wins, 12.0 IP, 16 K, 6 hits, 1 BB, 0.00 ERA
• Went the distance in both apperances last week, leading UCLA to shutout victories over Robert Morris (11-0) and Boston University (12-0).
• Limited opponents to six hits and one walk over 12 innings of work, and recorded 16 strikeouts.
• Set a career-high 12 strikeouts against Robert Morris and retired the first 13 batters of the game before surrendering a one-out double.
• Collects her third Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor this season (Feb. 19, 26) for UCLA’s 17th rookie nod.
Player of the Week: Reyna Carranco, ARIZ; Bella Loomis, ASU; Kayleen Shafer, OSU; Emily Young, STAN; Taylor Pack, UCLA; Alyssa Barrera, UTAH; Morganne Flores, WASH.
Pitcher of the Week: Gina Snyder, ARIZ; Abby Andersen, ASU; Mariah Mazon, OSU; Carolyn Lee, STAN; Rachel Garcia, UCLA; Sydney Sandez, UTAH.
Freshman of the Week: Ashton Phillips, OSU; Emily Young, STAN Makayla Hurst, UTAH.
2019 PAC-12 SOFTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Player of the Week||Pitcher of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Feb. 12||Missy Nunes, OSU||Rachel Garcia, UCLA||Rachel Cid, ORE|
|Feb. 19||Kindra Hackbarth, ASU||Rachel Garcia, UCLA||Megan Faraimo, UCLA|
|Feb. 26||Shaye Bowden, ORE||Rachel Garcia, UCLA|
|March 5||Teaghan Cowles, STAN||Taylor McQuillin, ARIZ||Emily Young, STAN|
|March 12||Lindsay Rood, CAL||Gabbie Plain, WASH||Megan Faraimo, UCLA|