Pac-12 announces Softball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Maddi Hackbarth, Jr., C, Arizona State (Oakdale, Calif.)
3 GP, 5 hits, 7 runs, 5 HR, 9 RBIs, .556 AVG, .636 OBP, 11 PO
• Hit five home runs in Arizona State’s series sweep over Utah (13-0, 14-4, 18-17) last week.
• Finished with a 5-for-9 showing at the plate, with all five hits leaving the yard and nine RBIs.
• Sparked the Sun Devils comeback win on Sunday as the junior opened up the seventh inning with her third-home run of the afternoon for her third multi-home run game this season.
• Led the team with a 2.222 slugging percentage while going perfect in the field with no errors and 11 putouts and threw out two runners on the base-path.
• The community sports management major ranks third nationally with 16 homers this season.
• Collects her first career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and ASU’s second this season, following sister Kindra Hackbarth (Feb. 19) to mark the program’s 90th all-time nod.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Alyssa Denham, Jr., P Arizona (Alvin, Texas)
1 GP, 1 no-hitter, 7.0 IP, 8 K, 0 runs, 3 BB, 0.00 ERA
• Threw her first career no-hitter in a seven-inning shutdown against Oregon State (4-0) on Sunday to complete the Wildcats' sweep of the Beavers.
• Struck out eight batters in the no-hitter and did not allow a ball out of the infield, resulting in 10 groundouts, two infield popups, one caught stealing.
• Marks the 92nd no-hitter in Arizona history and first since Taylor McQuillin (Feb. 11, 2018).
• A literacy, learning & leadership major, the junior collects her first Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week honor and Arizona’s 170th all-time nod.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Kelli Godin, Fr., UTIL, UCLA (Seal Beach, Calif.,)
2 GP, 4 hits, 1 3B, 4 RBIs, .800 AVG, .833 OBP
• Tied a career-high and UCLA single-game record with three stolen bases in the Bruins’ 9-1 victory against Saint Mary's on Sunday.
• Posted a season-best three runs scored and added a walk and an RBI single in Game 1 of a non-conference doubleheader.
• Tied another career-high with three hits and had three RBIs in a 14-2 win over CSUN.
• Swiped another base against the Matadors and is 17-for-17 in stolen bases this season while ranking 19th in the country with 0.68 per game.
• The pre-psychology major collects back-to-back Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honors this season for UCLA’s 18th rookie nod.
Player of the Week: Jessie Harper, ARIZ; Whitney Burks, STAN; Kelli Godin, UCLA; Morganne Flores, WASH.
Pitcher of the Week: Samantha Mejia ASU; Carolyn Lee, STAN; Rachel Garcia, UCLA.
Freshman of the Week: Sami Reynolds, WASH.
2019 PAC-12 SOFTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
TOMORROW | 11:30am PTLive