Pac-12 announces Women’s Lacrosse Weekly Honors
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Miranda Stinson, Sr., A, Colorado (Manakin Sabot, Va.)
1 GP, 5 g, 1 ast, 6 pts, 5 gb, 8 dc
• Scored five goals in Colorado’s 15-6 win against Oregon on Saturday. The No. 25 Buffs earn a top-25 ranking for the second consecutive week after winning four of their last five games to improve to 4-1 in Pac-12 play and 5-4 overall.
• Dished out one assist to tie the team-high six points in the Buffs’ lone matchup of the week.
• The senior also led the team in draw controls (8) and ground balls (5), in addition to causing one turnover and putting nine of her 12 shots on goal.
• Collects her fourth career Pac-12 Lacrosse Offensive Player of the Week honor and third this season (Feb. 18, March 11) for Colorado’s ninth offensive nod.
Also nominated: Kate Dougherty, ASU; Katherine Gjertsen, STAN; Izzy McMahon, USC.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Trudie Grattan, So., GK, Stanford (Richmond, Va.)
1 GP, 1 win, 7 svs (.700), 3 ga
• Made seven saves off 10 shots in No. 20 Stanford’s 15-4 road victory at Arizona State.
• Allowed just three goals in over 52 minutes of action as the Cardinal wraps up the first half of league play on a three-game winning streak.
• Boasts the third-best save percentage in the Conference (.497) and the fourth-best goals against average (10.26) this season.
• Earns her third Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week nod this season (Feb. 25, March 4) and Stanford’s seventh defensive honor since the inaugural 2018 Pac-12 season.
Also nominated: Berkeley Bonneau, ASU; Olivia Aschman COLO; Kerrigan Miller, USC.
Oregon will host the 2019 Pac-12 Women’s Lacrosse Tournament at Papé Field from April 25-28, tickets: https://pac12.me/19WLAXTickets
2019 PAC-12 WOMEN'S LACROSSE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK