UCLA's McNamara sisters claim Pac-12 Beach Volleyball Pair of the Week
PAC-12 BEACH VOLLEYBALL PAIR OF THE WEEK:
Megan McNamara (SR/Vancouver, B.C., Canada.) and Nicole McNamara (SR/Vancouver, B.C., Canada), UCLA
• Seniors Megan and Nicole McNamara went 6-0 last week on court one and without dropping a set, helping UCLA go 6-0 and remain undefeated on the year at 21-0.
• The Bruins defeated five ranked teams including four in the top 10, sweeping four of their opponents for a total of 14 sweeps on the year.
• The pair's wins clinched three dual victories for the Bruins (Loyola Marymount, Stetson, and FIU) last week and they lead UCLA in that category with six clinching wins on the year.
• The duo has won 15-straight matches, all in straight sets and all on court one, to improve to 18-1 on the year. Twelve of the 15 wins were against ranked teams with nine of them being in the top 10.
• The twin sisters are both sociology majors with 3.8 GPAs.
• It is the first weekly honor for the pair and the fifth of their career. It is also the 10th all-time for a UCLA duo and the second this season.
ALSO NOMINATED: Jasmine Safar/Sarah Blacker, ARIZ; Kate Baldwin/Samantha Plaster, ASU; Destiny Julye/Kristen Gengenbache, WASH.
2019 PAC-12 BEACH VOLLEYBALL PAIR OF THE WEEK
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive
Thu 10/24 | 3:00pm PTLive
Thu 10/24 | 5:00pm PTLive