Pac-12 announces Women’s Lacrosse Weekly Honors
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Kerri Clayton, R-Jr., A, Arizona State (Baltimore, Md.)
2 GP, 9 g, 16 sh (.625), 4 ast, 13 pts, 4 gb
• Recorded a historic weekend, totaling 13 points, nine goals and four assists in Arizona State’s victory over Oregon (15-14) and loss to No. 22 Colorado (7-13).
• Scored eight goals while dishing out four assists for a 12-point performance against the Ducks, which matched the Pac-12 Conference record for points in a single game.
• Not only did the environmental design major set conference records, her eight-goal and 12-point effort topped the Sun Devil record books in the respective categories.
• Tallied a goal on Sunday versus Colorado, giving her at least one goal in 27-of-30 career games.
• First-career Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week honor for Arizona State’s second all-time honor.
Also nominated: Miranda Stinson, COLO; Jamie Level, ORE; Mikaela Watson, STAN; Erin Bakes, USC.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Jackie Gilbert, Sr., D, USC (Pleasanton, Calif.)
2 GP, 6 gb, 16 dc, 5 ct
• Led USC to the first-ever shutout in program and Pac-12 history after defeating Oregon, 16-0, on Friday.
• Produced her seventh-career double-digit draw control game with 10 versus the Ducks.
• Matched career-highs with four ground balls and three caused turnovers against Colorado.
• The real estate development major earns her first career Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week nod and USC’s sixth defensive honor since the inaugural 2018 Pac-12 season.
Also nominated: Rachel Gregory, ASU; Julia Lisella, COLO; Rachel Hall, ORE; Julia Massaro, STAN
Oregon will host the 2019 Pac-12 Women’s Lacrosse Tournament at Papé Field from April 25-28, tickets: https://pac12.me/19WLAXTickets
2019 PAC-12 WOMEN'S LACROSSE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK