Pac-12 announces baseball players of the week
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 Conference office announced today that STANFORD’s Brandon Wulff was named Pac-12 Player of the Week and CALIFORNIA’s Jared Horn was tabbed Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week.
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Brandon Wulff, Sr., OF, Stanford (Las Vegas, Nev.)
4 GP, .615 AVG, .722 OBP, 1.692, 4 HR, 8 RBI, 10 R, 4 BB, 1 SB
• The senior powered the Cardinal to a 3-1 weekend, including a series sweep at Oregon, by going 8-for-13 and contributing eight RBI to keep No. 3 Stanford at the top of the Pac-12 standings.
• Hit two home runs in the 5-4 series opener win over Oregon on Thursday and added a double, matching a career-high of three hits. His 10 total bases on the day was the most by a program player since April 7, 2018.
• Extended his reached-base streak to 11 games.
• 12 homers on the season leads the team and his average of 0.36 home runs per game ranks 15th in the nation.
• Wulff, majoring in management science & engineering, earns his second-career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor, previously winning on March 26, 2018. It marks the 80th all-time honor for the Cardinal.
• One of Stanford's team ambassadors for Team Impact, a national nonprofit that connects local college teams with kids battling life-threatening and/or serious illnesses.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Jared Horn, Jr., RHP, California (Napa, Calif.)
1 GS, 1-0, 8.1 IP, 0.00 ERA, 10 K, 3 H
• Did not allow an earned run in Cal’s 4-1 upset of No. 1 UCLA on Saturday, the Golden Bears’ first victory over a No. 1-ranked team in at least two decades.
• Set a career-high in both innings pitched at 8.1 and strikeouts with 10.
• Third-straight outing pitching at least eight innings and has lowered his ERA from 2.40 to 1.60 in those three victories.
• His 1.60 ERA is the second-best average in the league and the 17th best in the country.
• The junior studying sociology earns his first-career Pac-12 pitcher of the week honor and the 35th all-time for the Golden Bears.
Player of the Week: Ryan Ober, OREGON STATE; Noah Cardenas, UCLA; CJ Stubbs, USC; Erick Migueles, UTAH.
Pitcher of the Week: Bryce Fehmel, OREGON STATE; Erik Miller, STANFORD; Jack Ralston, UCLA; Connor Lunn, USC; Josh Tedeschi, UTAH.
2019 PAC-12 BASEBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK