Pac-12 announces Softball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Bubba Nickles, Jr., UTL, UCLA (Merced, Calif.)
3 GP, 7 hits, 2 HR, 7 RBIs, 4 PO, .700 AVG, .769 OBP
• Reached base each of her first nine plate appearances and drove in seven runs in UCLA’s series sweep at Oregon State (8-1, 10-2, 7-0) last weekend.
• Hit a two-run homer and scored three times in game one on Thursday, while going a perfect 3-for-3 at the plate with a pair of walks
• Also went 3-for-3 the next day, with a bases-loaded walk and adding another RBI in game two to clinch the Bruins' fifth-straight series win.
• Blasted a three-run home run in her final at-bat of the weekend on Saturday, recording a team-best 13th homer of the season.
• The two-time All-Pac-12 honoree and sociology major collects back-to-back Pac-12 Player of the Week honors for her second career nod, marking UCLA’s 159th all-time nod.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Jordan Dail, So., LHP, Oregon (Forest, Va.)
3 GP, 2 wins, 20.2 IP, 22 K, 0.00 ERA
• Threw 20.2 scoreless innings across three appearances and racked up 22 strikeouts to help Oregon take 2-of-3 games against California (1-0, 4-0, 3-5) for it’s first Pac-12 series win of the season.
• Led the Ducks with back-to-back complete-game shutouts and tossed 6.2 scoreless innings of relief in the series finale.
• Struck out 11 batters in the shutout on Thursday, including 10 with runners in scoring position, marking her fourth double-digital strike out game of the season.
• Surpassed 200 strikeouts on the year and 300 in her career to sit one strikeout away from breaking into Oregon’s single-season top 10 list.
• Leads the Pac-12 in innings pitched (188.1) and starts (28) and second in strikeouts (202).
• Second Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week honor this season (April 8) for Oregon’s 76th all-time award.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: SilentRain Espinoza, Fr., INF, Washington (Alpine, Calif.)
4 GP, 6 hits, 1 HR, 6 RBI, .429 AVG, .467 OPB, 7 ast
• Currently riding her third four-game hit streak of season after helping Washington earn a series victory against Utah (13-0, 11-2, 4-5) last week.
• Hit her first-career home run and recorded a career-best four RBIs in the Huskies’ non-conference matchup versus BYU (13-3).
• Scored six runs in the last four games after previously tallying only five runs throughout the course of the season.
• The freshman is a pre-major in arts and sciences and carries a 3.50 grade-point average.
• Collects her first Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor for Washington’s 10th all-time rookie nod.
Player: Dejah Mulipola, ARIZ; Kristina Inouye, STAN; Sis Bates, WASH.
Pitcher: Taylor McQuillin, ARIZ; Holly Azevedo, UCLA.
Freshman: Jasmine Sievers, ORE; Colleen Sullivan, UCLA.
2019 PAC-12 SOFTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
TOMORROW | 6:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 8:00pm PTLive