Pac-12 announces baseball players of the week
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 Conference office announced today that STANFORD’s Andrew Daschbach was named Pac-12 Player of the Week and UCLA’s Jack Ralston was tabbed Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week.
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Andrew Daschbach, Jr., INF/OF, Stanford (Atherton, Calif.)
3 G, .538 AVG, .538 OBP, 1.769 SLG, 4 HR, 6 RBI, 2 3B
• Hit four home runs in a 7-1 win over Cal Poly on May 14. He is the first Cardinal to ever hit four homers in a game and only the second Pac-12 player to ever accomplish the feat - UCLA’s Bill Scott did it against Washington on March 30, 1999.
• His four homers and 16 total bases set new individual game-highs this season in both Division I and the Pac-12.
• In a crucial conference win over Oregon State on Friday, tied the game up with a RBI triple in the fifth inning.
• The junior, majoring in science, technology and society, was named to last year’s All-Pac-12 team and was a Pac-12 All-Academic honorable mention for maintaining a grade-point average over 3.0.
• Earns his first-career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and the Cardinal’s 82nd all-time honor.
• A Stanford student-athlete has been the Pac-12 Player of the Week in three of the last five weeks.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Jack Ralston, R-Jr., RHP, UCLA (Newhall, Calif.)
1 GS, 1-0, 6.0 IP, 0.00 ERA, 9 K, 1 H
• Threw the first six scoreless innings of a combined one-hitter in a 4-0 victory over Washington on Saturday. Marked No. 1 UCLA’s first one-hitter since June 2, 2013 and fewest hits allowed since May 15, 2015 (no-hitter).
• Extended his scoreless streak to 25 innings.
• Retired the first 11 batters he faced. Did not allow a runner in scoring position until the seventh inning.
• The NCBWA Dick Howser Trophy semifinalist leads the Pac-12 and ranks third in the nation with 10 wins on the season with a 2.17 ERA.
• The junior sociology major earns his second-career Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week honor, winning his first on May 6. It marks the Bruins’ third pitcher of the week honor in the last four weeks and their 78th all-time nod.
Player of the Week: Dayton Dooney, ARIZONA; Garrett Mitchell, UCLA; Matthew Acosta, USC; Oliver Dunn, UTAH; Danny Sinatro, WASHINGTON STATE.
Pitcher of the Week: Quinn Flanagan, ARIZONA; Jared Horn, CALIFORNIA; Kyle Hurt, USC; Austin Moore, UTAH; A.J. Block, WASHINGTON STATE.
2019 PAC-12 BASEBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK