Pac-12 announces baseball players of the week
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 Conference office announced today that ARIZONA’s Justin Wylie was named Pac-12 Player of the Week and USC’s John Beller was tabbed Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week.
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Justin Wylie, Sr., OF, Arizona (Chandler, Ariz.)
3 GP, .667 AVG, .750 OBP, 1.500 SLG, 3 HR, 7 RBI, 6 R, 3 BB
• Led Arizona in batting average, hits, home runs, slugging percentage and on-base percentage in a series sweep over Washington State.
• In the Wildcats final series of the season, they scored 46 runs with Wylie contributing to 13 of them. Arizona ends the regular season ranked second in the country in scoring with an average of 9.8 runs per game.
• Hit three home runs in the final two games of the series against the Cougars, including a two-homer game in Saturday’s series finale. Before this weekend, Wylie only had two home runs on the season.
• The senior ends the season batting an impressive .341 with 37 RBI and five home runs.
• He earns his first-career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and the 69th all-time for the Wildcats. With teammate Nick Quintana’s nod earlier this season, a Wildcat has been named the Pac-12 Player of the Week twice in the last four weeks of the regular season.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: John Beller, So., LHP, USC (Hermosa Beach, Calif.)
1 GS, 1-0, 7.0 IP, 0.00 ERA, 9 K, 3 H
• Pitched a season-high seven scoreless innings in a 2-0 win to open the series against No. 14 Oregon State. Helped lead USC to its first series win at OSU since 2011.
• In his first start since April 28, matched his career-high with nine strikeouts.
• Worked himself out of a bases-loaded, one-out jam in the third, getting a strikeout and then a popup to end the threat against the defending NCAA Champions.
• The sophomore earns his first-career Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week honor and the first for USC since March 19, 2018. It marks the 67th all-time weekly pitcher honor for the Trojans.
Player of the Week: Matthew Acosta, USC; Matt Richardson, UTAH.
Pitcher of the Week: Cameron Haskell, ARIZONA; David Watson, UTAH.
2019 PAC-12 BASEBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
TOMORROW | 11:00am PTLive
TOMORROW | 1:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 3:00pm PTLive