Pac-12 announces volleyball players of the week
OFFENSIVE: Savannah Rennie, SR, CAL (San Diego, Calif.)
2.5 KPS, 500 Pct., 1.3 BPS
• At full strength for the first time in her career at California after overcoming a liver transplant, followed by non-Hodgkin lymphoma during her first four years, helping the Bears to a 3-0 weekend to open the 2019 campaign.
• Named MVP of the Rams Classic All-Tournament team as the Bears went undefeated against Oklahoma, Colorado State and Chicago State.
• Recorded 27 kills, 14 block assists, and posted a .500 hitting percentage.
• First-ever Pac-12 weekly honor and the 36th all-time for Cal.
DEFENSIVE: Courtney Leffel, SR, ASU (Flagstaff, Ariz.)
6.9 DPS, 3 Aces
• Helped Arizona State go 3-0 to the start the season, defeating Houston (3-1), LSU (3-2), and Texas A&M- Corpus Christi (3-1).
• Recorded a career-high 39 digs and reached 1,000 career digs in the win over LSU.
• Named to the Flo Hyman Collegiate Cup All-Tournament Team.
• First player of the week honor for Leffel and ASU's 24th all-time. It is also just the fifth defensive nod for ASU all-time.
FRESHMAN: Kylie Robinson, FR, ORE (Upland, Calf.)
11.5 APS, 2.7 dps, 3 SA
• Helped Oregon sweep UC Irvine (3-0) and and Boston College (3-0) to open the season at 2-0.
• Recorded 69 total assists (11.5 a/s), five kills (.833), 13 digs, three aces and two blocks in her first-collegiate appearance.
• Posted 29 assists while directing the Ducks' offense to a .507 hitting percentage, the program's best single-match mark since 2012.
• Named to the Oregon Classic All-Tournament team.
• 12th all-time freshman weekly honor for the Ducks
Offensive: Jenna Ewert, COLO; Willow Johnson, ORE; Kenzie Koerber, UTAH; Chloe Brown, OSU; Mac May, UCLA; Andrea Mitrovic, ASU; Kathryn Plummer, STAN; Kara Bajema, WASH.
Defensive: Berkeley Oblad, UTAH; Morgan Hentz, STAN; Grace Massey, OSU; Danielle Price, COLO; Ronika Stone, ORE; Shayne McPherson, WASH.
Freshman: Lexi Hadrych, UCLA; Jill Schneggenburger, COLO; Annika Larson, ASU; Cecilee Max-Brown, OSU; Kalen Owes, USC.