Pac-12 announces volleyball players of the week
Offensive: Kara Bajema, SR, Washington (Lynden, Wash.)
4.00 KPS, .316 Pct., 2.63 DPS, 4.6 PPS
• Led No. 12 Washington to a pair of victories last weekend including a big road win over No. 17 Creighton (3-1) and Nebraska-Omaha (3-1).
• Recorded 32 kills on the weekend, including a match-leading 16 kills with a .324 percentage over the host Bluejays.
• Posted double-doubles in both matches with 11 digs vs. Nebraska-Omaha and 10 vs. Creighton.
• Named MVP of the Bluejay Invitational extending Washington’s record to 7-1 on the season, 3-0 against top-25 teams.
• Earned first-career offensive player of the week honors and Washington’s 63rd all-time.
Defensive: Jasmine Gross, SR, USC (Portland, Ore.)
2.67 KPS, .547 Pct., 1.45 BPS, 3.7 PPS
• Named Most Valuable Player of the Trojan Invitational after leading USC to a 3-0 weekend taking down Yale (3-2), Howard (3-0), and Villanova (3-0) at the Trojan Invitational.
• Posted 32 kills and 16 blocks, and led all players at the tournament with 1.45 blocks per set, tallying nine in the match against Take (1.80 bps).
• Helped USC record its first two sweeps of the season against Howard and Villanova, and limited the Wildcats to a season-low 32 kills.
• First-career player of the week honor for Gross and USC’s 76th all-time.
Freshman: Kalen Owes, FR, USC (Phoenix, Ariz.)
4.00 KPS, .313 Pct., 2.55 DPS, 0.45 DPS, 4.3 PPS
• Helped USC to an undefeated weekend at the Trojan Invitational defeating Yale (3-2), Howard (3-0), and Villanova (3-0).
• Led all players with 20.5 points and posted her second-career double-double with 18 kills on a season-best .348 hitting percentage in USC’s victory over the Bulldogs.
• Named to the Trojan Invitational All-Tournament team recording 44 kills, 23 digs, and one ace on the weekend.
• Named freshman of the week for the first time this season.
|Sept. 2||Savannah Rennie, CAL||Courtney Leffel, CAL||Kylie Robinson, UCLA|
|Sept. 9||Kathryn Plummer, STAN||Meegan Hart, COLO||Jill Schneggenburger,COLO|
|Sept. 16||Kara Bejema, WASH||Jasmine Gross, USC||Kalen Owes, USC|