Pac-12 Football Players of the Week - Week 10
OFFENSE: Tyler Huntley, Sr., QB, Utah (Dania, Fla.)
• Completed 19-of-24 for 284 yards and 1 TD for his 18th career 200-yard passing game in leading Utah to a 33-28 win at Washington.
• After a first half completing 8-of-12 for 100 yards and a touchdown, Huntley completed 11-of-12 passes for 184 yards and rushed for a one-yard touchdown that officially gave the Utes the lead with 11:23 remaining in the game.
• Huntley ranks fifth in the FBS in completion percentage (.738), fifth in the FBS in passing efficiency (182.5).
• On the scoring drive that gave Utah the 26-21 lead, Huntley completed a 41-yard pass on a third-and-12 situation that landed the Utes on the Washington 24 with Huntley finishing the drive with his one-yard rushing touchdown.
• In the scoring drive that sealed Utah’s 33-28 win, Huntley converted two third downs, a 14-yard pass on a third-and-eight and a 28-yard pass on a third-and-six with Zack Moss finishing the drive with a two-yard rushing score.
Also nominated: Justin Herbert, QB, ORE; Jake Luton, QB, ORE; Dorian Thompson-Robinson, QB, UCLA.
DEFENSE: Brady Breeze, Jr., S, Oregon (Lake Oswego, Ore.)
• Had a team-high seven tackles to go along with a fumble recovery and pick-6 during No. 7 Oregon's 56-24 win at USC
• The 32-yard pick-6 gave Oregon a 21-10 lead and came with 2:16 left in the first half.
• His seven tackles were a career high, including two stops on special teams.
• Fumble recovery came in the second quarter with USC in the red zone
• Named to the Pro Football Focus National Team of the Week after finishing as the highest-graded defensive player (85.9) in the Pac-12
• Oregon defense limited the Trojans to 144 yards and seven points in the second half
• The pick-6 was his second TD of the season to go along with a fumble recovery for a score against Nevada.
Also nominated: Nate Landman, LB, COLO; Hamilcar Rashed Jr., LB, OSU; Krys Barnes, LB, UCLA; Jaylon Johnson, DB, Utah.
SPECIAL TEAMS: Mykael Wright, Fr., CB/KR, Oregon (Antelope Valley, Calif.)
• Returned a kickoff 100 yards for a TD right before the second half during No. 7 Oregon's 56-24 win at USC.
• Kickoff return for a TD was the first by a Duck since the season opener in 2017 and the first in a Pac-12 contest by Oregon since 2016.
• The 100-yard kickoff returned equaled the second-longest in program history
• Finished with three kickoff returns for 144 yards and became the third Pac-12 player with a kickoff return for a TD this season.
Also nominated: Daniel Rodriguez, P, OSU.
OFFENSIVE LINE: Calvin Throckmorton, Sr., OT, Oregon (Bellevue, Wash.)
• Finished as the highest-graded offensive lineman in the Pac-12 by Pro Football Focus after No. 7 Oregon's 56-24 win at USC
• Made his 47th consecutive start along the offensive line an 37th at right tackle.
• Did not allow a hit, hurry or pressure on the QB over 58 snaps as he earned a 98 percent assignment grade from the Oregon coaches.
• Finished with an overall grade of 84.5 as sixth-highest graded lineman nationally, while his run-blocking grade of 80.4 was best in the Pac-12 in week 10.
• Helped pave the way for Oregon's second 50-point game of the season, which featured 56 points over the final three quarters
• Oregon totaled 290 yards and 28 points in the second half.
Also nominated: Blake Brandel, OT, OSU.
DEFENSIVE LINE: John Penisini, Sr., DT, Utah (West Jordan, Utah)
• Penisini tied his career-high in tackles with seven that included a sack and a forced fumble as the Utes defeated Washington, 33-28
• For the eighth time this season, Penisini was integral in holding their opponent for under 100 yards rushing (53). The Utes rank first in the Pac-12 and first in the FBS in rushing defense (56.0).
• His forced fumble came late in the first quarter on a third-and-four, knocking the ball out on the Washington 15 with the Utes recovering the ball.
Also nominated: Drayton Carlberg, DT, ORE; Osa Odighizuwa, DL, UCLA
FRESHMAN: Omar Speights, Fr., ILB, Oregon State (Philadelphia, Penn.)
• Led Oregon State with 10 tackles in the 56-38 win over Arizona.
• Ten tackles ties for a season-best and he added half a sack and a tackle for loss in the win.
• Received an 80.7 pass rush grade from Pro Football Focus, the third-best mark in the Pac-12.
• Tallied four pressures and a pass deflection versus the Wildcats.
Also nominated: Jaren Mangham, TB, COLO; Mykael Wright, CB/KR, ORE.
TOMORROW | 12:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 2:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 4:00pm PTLive