Tinkle, Nnaji collect first Pac-12 Men's Basketball weekly awards of 2019-20
OREGON STATE senior Tres Tinkle collects his fourth career Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week honor, while ARIZONA's Zeke Nnaji is the first-ever recipient of the Pac-12 Freshman of the Week award as voted on by media who cover the league.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week (11/11/19)
Tres Tinkle, Oregon State
Sr., F, Missoula, Mont.
• Tinkle averaged a double-double of 26.0 points and 10.5 rebounds along with 5.5 assists and 2.5 blocks to lead Oregon State to a 2-0 start.
• The Julius Erving Small Forward of the Year, Wooden and Naismith National Player of the Year Watch List nominee was hyper-efficient, shooting 61 percent (20-33) from the field including 9-of-13 (69 percent) from three-point range.
• He had 25 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists in an opening 87-67 win over CSUN, followed by 27 points, 11 rebounds, four assists and three blocks in an 80-74 win over Iowa State.
• Tinkle passed A.C. Green to move into sixth on Oregon State's career scoring list with 1,713 points.
• The fourth career weekly award for Tinkle, tied with Green and Charlie Sitton for the second most in Beavers' history trailing only Gary Payton's league-record nine.
ALSO NOMINATED: Zeke Nnaji, ARIZONA; Matt Bradley, CALIFORNIA; McKinley Wright IV, COLORADO; Payton Pritchard, OREGON; Jalen Hill, UCLA; Both Gach, UTAH; Nahziah Carter, WASHINGTON; CJ Elleby, WASHINGTON STATE
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Freshman of the Week (11/11/19)
Zeke Nnaji, Arizona
Fr., F, Hopkins, Minn.
• Inaugural Pac-12 Freshman of the Week averaged 19.5 points on 75 percent shooting (18-24) and 4.5 rebounds to help Arizona roll to a pair of season-opening victories.
• Scored 20 points in 91-52 season-opening victory versus Northern Arizona, the most by an Arizona freshman in the Sean Miller era (11 seasons). It was also the most by an Arizona freshman in his first collegiate game since Hassan Adams had 22 in 2002.
• Added 19 points in 90-69 victory against Illinois, which was receiving votes in both the AP and Coaches poll.
• The freshman trio of Nnaji, Nico Mannion and Josh Green combined for 101 points in the Wildcats' wins.
ALSO NOMINATED: Tyger Campbell, UCLA; Onyeka Okongwu, USC; Rylan Jones, UTAH; Jaden McDaniels, WASHINGTON; Noah Williams, WASHINGTON STATE.
2019-20 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 11||Tres Tinkle, OSU||Zeke Nnaji, ARIZ|