USC's Rakocevic, Arizona's Nnaji earn Pac-12 Men's Basketball weekly honors
USC senior Nick Rakocevic collects his third career Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week honor, while ARIZONA's Zeke Nnaji repeats as Pac-12 Freshman of the Week as voted on by media who cover the league.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week (11/18/19)
Nick Rakocevic, USC
Sr., F, Chicago, Ill.
• Rakocevic averaged a double-double of 25.5 points and 13.5 rebounds along with 3.5 steals and 1.5 blocks to lead USC to two victories on the week and a 4-0 start to the 2019-20 season.
• The Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Center of the Year and John R. Wooden National Player of the Year Watch List nominee shot 62 percent (18-29) from the field and converted 15 free throws on the week.
• He posted a career outing in an 84-66 triumph versus South Dakota State, matching his career-high with 27 points, setting a career-best with five steals and grabbing a game-high 16 rebounds.
• He followed with a 24-point, 11-rebound double-double on 10-of-15 field goals in a 76-66 road victory at Nevada - his 22nd career double-double.
• The third career weekly award for Rakocevic is tied for the third-most by a Trojan trailing only Harold Miner (seven) and Wayne Carlander (four).
ALSO NOMINATED: Zeke Nnaji, ARIZONA; Remy Martin, ARIZONA STATE; Matt Bradley, CALIFORNIA; Tyler Bey, COLORADO; Payton Pritchard, OREGON; Tres Tinkle, OREGON STATE; Oscar da Silva, STANFORD; Chris Smith, UCLA; Timmy Allen, UTAH; Nahziah Carter, WASHINGTON; CJ Elleby, WASHINGTON STATE.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Freshman of the Week (11/18/19)
Zeke Nnaji, Arizona
Fr., F, Hopkins, Minn.
• The inaugural recipient a week ago, Nnaji repeats as Pac-12 Freshman of the Week behind his 22.0 points per game and perfect 15-for-15 shooting performance in a pair of Arizona victories last week.
• Nnaji recorded his first collegiate double-double in an 87-39 victory over San Jose State with 26 points and 11 rebounds. He made all eight field-goal attempts and went 10-of-12 at the line.
• He was a perfect 7-of-7 from the floor and 5-of-5 at the line en route to 19 points in an 83-53 rout of New Mexico State.
• Nnaji currently leads NCAA Division I in field goal percentage (.846), converting 17 consecutive field-goal attempts over his past three games, and is the third-leading scorer among freshmen at 21.0 points per game.
ALSO NOMINATED: Jaelen House, ARIZONA STATE; Joel Brown, CALIFORNIA; Gianni Hunt, OREGON STATE; Tyrell Terry, STANFORD; Tyger Campbell, UCLA; Rylan Jones, UTAH; Isaiah Stewart, WASHINGTON.
2019-20 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 11||Tres Tinkle, OSU||Zeke Nnaji, ARIZ|
|Nov. 18||Nick Rakocevic, USC||Zeke Nnaji, ARIZ|