Martin, Mannion collect Pac-12 Men's Basketball weekly honors
Arizona State junior Remy Martin collects his second career Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week honor, while ARIZONA's Nico Mannion earns Pac-12 Freshman of the Week as voted on by media who cover the league.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week (12/2/19)
Remy Martin, Arizona State
Jr., G, Chatsworth, Calif.
• Martin played all 40 minutes and scored a career-high 33 points to lead Arizona State to a 67-65 come-from-behind victory at Princeton.
• The Bob Cousy Point Guard of the Year watch list nominee converted 13-of-23 field goals against the Tigers to match the Conference's single-game season high of 33 points.
• Went 9-of-14 from field, 3-of-5 from three-point range, en route to 23 second-half points. Scored or assisted team's final 24 points as Sun Devils erased seven-point deficit over final eight minutes.
• Added three assists, two on Khalid Thomas three pointers inside the final 70 seconds including the game-winning triple with 3.2 seconds left.
• The second career weekly award for Martin (12/17/18).
ALSO NOMINATED: Nico Mannion, ARIZONA; Tyler Bey, COLORADO; Chris Duarte, OREGON; Tres Tinkle, OREGON STATE; Oscar da Silva, STANFORD; Cody Riley, UCLA; Onyeka Okongwu, USC; Rylan Jones, UTAH; CJ Elleby, WASHINGTON STATE.
Nico Mannion, Arizona
Fr., G, Siena, Italy
• Mannion was named MVP of the Paycom Wooden Legacy after averaging a team-high 16.3 points on 51 percent shooting (19-37) and 7.3 assists to lead Arizona to the tournament championship.
• Recorded first collegiate double-double with 16 points and 11 assists in opening-round victory against Pepperdine. Converted game-winning basket with two seconds left in the 93-91 win over the Waves.
• The Wooden Award and Naismith Trophy watch list candidate added team-high 24 points in semifinal victory over Penn and nine points and seven assists in title-game triumph over Wake Forest.
• Helped Arizona to its first in-season tourney title, MVP honors and 9-0 start since 2014.
ALSO NOMINATED: C.J. Walker, OREGON; Jarod Lucas, OREGON STATE; Tyrell Terry, STANFORD; Jaime Jaquez Jr., UCLA; Rylan Jones, UTAH.
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 11||Tres Tinkle, OSU||Zeke Nnaji, ARIZ|
|Nov. 18||Nick Rakocevic, USC||Zeke Nnaji, ARIZ|
|Nov. 25||Onyeka Okongwu, USC||Onyeka Okongwu, USC|
|Dec. 2||Remy Martin, ASU||Nico Mannion, ARIZ|
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 12:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 2:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 4:00pm PTLive