UCLA’s Ross, Sakti and Stanford’s Widner capture this week’s Pac-12 gymnast of the week awards
GYMNAST OF THE WEEK: Kyla Ross, Sr., UCLA (Aliso Viejo, Calif.)
• Ross won the all-around at the Collegiate Challenge with a score of 39.725 (helping her team to a second place finish).
• She took first on floor (9.95), and tied for first on vault (9.9) and beam (9.95).
• Ross secured UCLA's highest all-around score in a season opener since 2004.
SPECIALIST OF THE WEEK: Samantha Sakti, So., UCLA (Arcadia, Calif.)
• In her UCLA debut at the Collegiate Challenge, Sakti tied for first place on beam with Ross.
• She posted a career-high 9.95 on beam.
• Sakti earned a 10.0 from one of the judges.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Chloe Widner, Fr., Stanford (Frisco, Texas)
• In her collegiate debut at the Collegiate Challenge, Widner scored 9.8 or higher in every event.
• She placed sixth or higher in three events at the Collegiate Challenge.
• Widner finished sixth in the all-around with an overall score of 39.325.
Gymnast of the Week: Kyana George, California; Isis Lowery, Oregon State; Heather Swanson, University of Arizona
Specialist of the Week: Christina Berg, University of Arizona; Kyla Bryant, Stanford; Sabrina Gill, Oregon State; Kim Tessen, University of Utah; Morgan Wilson, Arizona State
Freshman of the Week: Kayla Bird, Oregon State; Nevaeh DeSouza, California; Abby Paulson, University of Utah; Gracie Reeves, Arizona State; Samantha Sakti, UCLA; Avery Stauffacher, University of Arizona
|Gymnast of the Week||Specialist of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Jan. 7||Kyla Ross, UCLA||Samantha Sakti, UCLA||Chloe Widner, Stanford|
Thu 1/30 | 6:00pm PTLive
Thu 1/30 | 8:00pm PTLive