Pac-12 announces women's basketball players of the week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Michaela Onyenwere, Jr., F, UCLA (Aurora, Colo.)
2 GP, 22.0 PPG, 10.0 RPG, 2.5 APG, 1.5 SPG, .488 (20-41)
• Led No. 10 UCLA to two road victories to close out the non-conference slate with a 59-50 win at Georgia (Dec. 19) and a 68-58 win at No. 12/14 Indiana (Dec. 22).
• Scored 19 points and grabbed nine rebounds against the Bulldogs and tallied 25 points and had 11 rebounds vs. the Hoosiers for her third double-double of the year and the 19th of her career.
• The 25 points at Indiana marked the sixth time this season, and 24th in her career, that she has scored 20 or more points in a game.
• Helped UCLA improve to 11-0 on the year, just one victory shy of tying the school record of 12-0 to start a season, made by the 1980-81 squad.
• It is the first player of the week honor for Onyenwere and the 60th all-time for UCLA. Onyenwere is the second Bruin to earn the weekly honor this season.
Also nominated: Aari McDonald, ARIZ; Jayde Van Hyfte, ASU; Jaelyn Brown, CAL; Aubrey Knight, COLO; Sabrina Ionescu, ORE; Mikayla Pivec, OSU; Alissa Pili, USC; Haley Van Dyke, WASH; Chanelle Molina, WSU.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Jaz Shelley, Fr., G, Oregon (Moe, Australia)
2 GP, 17.0 PPG, 1.5 RPG, 1.5 APG, 11-19 FG (.579), 10-16 (.625)
• Broke the program's single-game record with 10 three-pointers while racking up 32 points to lead Oregon past UC Riverside.
• Became the first UO freshman since 2013-14 to score 30+ in a game.
• 10 made threes are the second most of any player in the nation this season and one off the Pac-12 single-game record.
• Leads the Pac-12 and is tied for 29th nationally with a 45.3 shooting percentage from three-point range.
• First weekly freshman honor for Shelley and the second this season for the Ducks. It is also the 25th all-time for Oregon.
Also nominated: Eboni Walker, ASU; Leilani McIntosh, CAL; Jaylyn Sherrod, COLO, Taylor Jones, OSU; Charisma Osbourne, UCLA, Alissa Pili, USC, Lola Pendande, UTAH.