Utah's Allen, Washington's Stewart again earn Pac-12 Men's Basketball weekly awards
For the second time in three weeks, UTAH's Timmy Allen was selected Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week and WASHINGTON's Isaiah Stewart was tabbed Freshman of the Week as voted on by media who cover the league.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week (12/23/19)
Timmy Allen, Utah
So., F, Mesa, Ariz.
• Averaged 23.0 points, 7.5 rebounds and 3.0 assists as Utah split a pair of contests against nationally ranked opponents, highlighted by an upset of then No. 6 Kentucky.
• Led all players with 25 points (8-15 FG, 9-12 FT) including the deciding jumper with 1:21 remaining to lead the Utes to the 69-66 upset of the Wildcats.
• The upset of the Wildcats marked Utah's best non-conference victory since knocking off No. 1 Alabama in Dec. 2002.
• Also paced all players with 21 points (6-14 FG, 3-5 3FG, 6-8 FT) in an 80-52 loss to then No. 20 San Diego State.
• Currently leads the Pac-12 in scoring at 21.0 points per game and is 1-of-3 players nationally averaging 21 points, seven rebounds and 53 percent shooting per College Basketball Reference (Luka Garza, Iowa; Terry Taylor, Austin Peay).
• Also voted Pac-12 Player of the Week on Dec. 9.
ALSO NOMINATED: McKinley Wright IV, COLORADO; Payton Pritchard, OREGON; Oscar da Silva, STANFORD; Quade Green, WASHINGTON; CJ Elleby, WASHINGTON STATE.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Freshman of the Week (12/23/19)
Isaiah Stewart, Washington
Fr., F, Rochester, N.Y.
• The Wooden Award, Naismith Trophy and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Center of the Year candidate averaged a double-double of 23.0 points and 11.5 rebounds while shooting 73 percent from the field (19-26) and foul line (8-11) in a pair of Washington victories.
• Converted 11-of-14 field goals en route to a career-high 27 points along with 13 rebounds in an 81-59 victory over Seattle U.
• Recorded his third consecutive double-double and fifth of the season with 19 points and 10 rebounds in an 85-64 win over Ball State to open the Diamond Head Classic on Sunday.
• 1-of-2 Pac-12 freshmen to rank in the top 10 in the league in scoring, rebounding, blocks and field goal percentage (Onyeka Okongwu, USC).
• Also voted Pac-12 Freshman of the Week on Dec. 9.
ALSO NOMINATED: Tyrell Terry, STANFORD; Jaime Jaquez Jr., UCLA; Noah Williams, WASHINGTON STATE.