Pac-12 announces women's basketball players of the week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Cate Reese, So., F, ARIZONA (Cypress, Texas)
1 GP, 17 pts, 10 reb, 6-14 FG (.500), 1 stl, 1 blk
• Posted her fourth double-double of the season and 11th of her career in a road win at Arizona State, 58-53, to open the Pac-12 slate.
• Helped to lead Arizona to its win in Tempe since 2000.
• Carried the offensive load while Aari McDonald was out with foul trouble, sealing the game with a key rebound late in the game.
• Reese's second player of the week honor this season and in her career. Third weekly nod this season for the Wildcats and 46th all-time.
Also nominated: Alaysia Styles, CAL; Jaylyn Sherrod, COLO; Taylor Jones, OSU; Haley Jones, STAN; Japreece Dean, UCLA; Alissa Pili, USC; Lola Pendande, UTAH; Amber Melgoza, WASH.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Jaylyn Sherrod, Fr., G, COLORADO (Birmingham, Ala.)
1 GP, 19 pts, 7 reb, 10 ast, 2 stl, 6-13 FG (.462)
• Recorded first-career double-double in Colorado's 80-70 win over Utah in the Pac-12 opener.
• Season-high 19 points to go with 10 assists and also snagged seven rebounds.
• Shot 46.2 percent from the field and was 6-8 from the free-throw line, helping Colorado to its first 12-0 start since the 2011-12 season..
• First weekly freshman honor for Sherrod and Colorado's 11th all-time.
Also nominated: Helena Pueyo, ARIZ; Eboni Walker, ASU; Jazlen Green, CAL; Taylor Jones, OSU; Haley Jones, STAN; Charisma Osbourne, UCLA; Alissa Pili, USC; Lola Pendande, UTAH; Ali Bamberger, WASH.