Pac-12 announces women's basketball players of the week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Chanelle Molina, Sr., G, WASHINGTON STATE (Kailua Kona, Hawai'i)
2 GP, 27.5 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 4.0 apg, 3.0 spg, 23-32 fg (.719), 7-12 3pt (.583)
• Set a season-high in points in back-to-back games with 27 points at No. 4/5 Stanford on Friday, followed by a season-best 28 points at California on Sunday.
• Helped Washington State collect its first win at California since 2011.
• Nearly posted a triple-double with 28 points, eight rebounds and eight assists in win over Cal.
• First career weekly honor for Molina and Washington State's 18th all-time player of the week.
Also nominated: Aari McDonald, ARIZ; Jaylyn Sherrod, COLO; Sabrina Ionescu, ORE; Mikayla Pivec, OSU; Kiana Williams, STAN; Japreece Dean, UCLA; Amber Melgoza, WASH.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Taylor Jones, Fr., F, OREGON STATE (Forney, Texas)
2 GP, 15.5 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 3.0 bps, 12-19 fg (.632), 7-10 ft (.710)
• Averaged 15.5 points per game in her first week of Pac-12 play and with 7 rebounds per contest.
• Helped OSU in win over Colorado with career-high 6 blocks.
• Shot a combined 63.2 percent from the field and recorded a career-high 28 minutes in OSU's win over Colorado.
• Third weekly freshman honor for Jones and OSU's 9th all-time freshman of the week.
Also nominated: Helena Pueyo, ARIZ; Jaylyn Sherrod, COLO; Jaz Shelley, ORE; Haley Jones, STAN; Charisma Osbourne, UCLA; Endiya Rogers, USC; Lola Pendande, UTAH; Quay Miller, WASH.