Cal’s George, Utah’s Tessen and Arizona’s Brovedani capture this week’s Pac-12 gymnast of the week awards
GYMNAST OF THE WEEK: Kyana George, Jr., California (McKinney, Texas)
• Won the all-around with a score of 39.425, assisting her team to a first-place finish at the NorCal Classic.
• Took first-place in beam (9.875) and floor (9.825).
• Claimed the second-place spot in vault (9.9) and bars (9.825).
SPECIALIST OF THE WEEK: Kim Tessen, Sr., Utah (Orem, Utah)
• Earned first-place finishes in both bars (9.95) and floor (9.9).
• Posted a career-high on bars.
• Helped secure her team’s top place at the Rio Tinto Best of Utah quad-meet.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Zaza Brovedani, Fr., Arizona (Oakland, Calif.)
• Tied for first-place in bars and assisted her team to first-place overall (195.950).
• Earned two career-high scores in bars (9.875) and beam (9.825).
• Brovedani made her debut on the balance beam, and tied for fourth place.
Gymnast of the Week: Juliette Boyer, Arizona State; Kaitlyn Yanish, Oregon State; Kyla Ross, UCLA; Kim Tessen, Utah; Evanni Roberson, Washington
Specialist of the Week: Maddi Leydin, Arizona; Jessica Ginn, Arizona State; Milan Clausi, California; Isis Lowery, Oregon State; Grace Glenn, UCLA; Madison Copiak, Washington
Freshman of the Week: Juliette Boyer, Arizona State; Nevaeh DeSouza, California; Jenna Domingo, Oregon State; Chloe Widner, Stanford; Chloe Lashbrooke, UCLA; Abby Paulson, Utah
|Gymnast of the Week||Specialist of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Jan. 7||Kyla Ross, UCLA||Samantha Sakti, UCLA||Chloe Widner, Stanford|
|Jan. 14||Kyana George, CAL||Kim Tessen, Utah||Zaza Brovedani, Arizona|
Thu 1/30 | 6:00pm PTLive
Thu 1/30 | 8:00pm PTLive