Oregon's Duarte, Utah's Jones garner Pac-12 Men's Basketball weekly awards
OREGON's Chris Duarte was voted Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week for the second time this season and UTAH's Rylan Jones was tabbed Freshman of the Week as voted on by media who cover the league.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week (1/27/20)
Chris Duarte, Oregon
Jr., G, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
• Averaged 27.0 points on 50 percent shooting (17-34) and 54 percent behind the arc (7-13) along with 8.0 rebounds, 7.0 steals, 2.5 assists and 2.0 blocks as Oregon took over sole possession of first place in the Pac-12 with a home sweep of the LA schools.
• Erupted for 30 points, 11 rebounds and a Matthew Knight Arena-record eight steals in a 79-70 double-overtime victory over USC.
• It was the first such line in NCAA Division I since 1999 (Alvin Young, Niagara), and his eight steals were the most by a Pac-12 player since 2015 (T.J. McConnell, Arizona).
• Followed with 24 points, six rebounds, six steals and five assists in just 29 minutes of action in rout of UCLA.
• Second weekly honor of the season (Dec. 30), he is Oregon's first multiple award winner since Dillon Brooks in 2017.
ALSO NOMINATED: Remy Martin, ARIZONA STATE; Paris Austin, CALIFORNIA; McKinley Wright IV, COLORADO; Rylan Jones, UTAH.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Freshman of the Week (1/27/20)
Rylan Jones, Utah
Fr., G, Holladay, Utah
• Averaged 18.5 points, 6.0 assists, 5.0 rebounds and 2.5 steals as Utah swept the Washington schools to improve to 8-1 at home this season.
• 31 of his 37 total points on the week came in the second half, and a combined 26 points inside the final 10 minutes of both games.
• Scored all 13 of his points and converted 9-of-10 foul shots against Washington in the final 5:25, including the game-deciding free throws with 14 seconds left. Also had nine assists and seven rebounds against the Huskies.
• Finished just shy of his career-high with 24 points - 13 in the final 9:24 - along with six rebounds, four steals and three assists against the Cougars.
ALSO NOMINATED: Zeke Nnaji, ARIZONA; Jake Kyman, UCLA; Onyeka Okongwu, USC.
2019-20 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK