Pac-12 announces women's basketball players of the week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Sabrina Ionescu, Sr., G, OREGON (Walnut Creek, Calif.)
2 GP, 21.0 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 6.0 ast, .500 pct (8-16), 1.000 ft pct (7-7)
• Became the Pac-12's men's and women's all-time assists leader in then-No. 4 Oregon’s win over then-No. 7 Oregon State (76-64) on Friday, passing Hall of Fame NBA great and former Oregon State Beaver Gary Payton.
• Moved up to No. 7 in NCAA women's basketball history with 950 career assists after win over OSU on Sunday (66-57).
• Led Oregon to its first Civil War sweep and win in Corvallis since 2010.
• Improved to a perfect 29-of-29 at the free throw line thus far in Pac-12 play.
• Eleventh-career weekly honor, the second-most in league history, and third this season. Oregon's 56th all-time player of the week.
Also Nominated: Aari McDonald, ARIZ; Robbi Ryan, ASU; Jaylyn Sherrod, COLO; Mikayla Pivec, OSU; Lexie Hull, STAN; Endyia Rogers, USC; Michaela Onyenwere, UCLA.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Endyia Rogers, Fr., G, USC (Dallas, Texas)
2 GP, 25.0 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 7.0 ast, .889 ft pct (16-18), .600, 3pt pct (6-10)
• In wins over Washington State (74-63) and Washington (81-78 OT), recorded the first back-to-back 20-point games of her collegiate career.
• Matched career-high five assists vs. WSU on Friday, then set new high with nine assists vs. Washington on Sunday.
• Scored the most points by a Trojan this season (29) in the overtime win over the Huskies on Sunday with 24 coming in the last 25 minutes of the game.
• Had the game-tying basket against the Huskies to force overtime and made two free throws with eight seconds left in OT seal the win.
• First career weekly honor for Rogers and USC’s fifth all-time freshman of the week, including the second in a row after teammate Alissa Pili won the honor last week.
Also nominated: Eboni Walker, ASU; Jaylyn Sherrod, COLO; Taylor Jones, OSU; Ashten Prechtel, STAN; Charisma Osborne, UCLA; Brynna Maxwell, UTAH.