Stanford's da Silva, UCLA's Jaquez Jr. earn Pac-12 Men's Basketball weekly honors
STANFORD's Oscar da Silva was voted Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week and UCLA's Jaime Jaquez Jr. was tabbed Freshman of the Week as voted on by media who cover the league.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week (2/3/20)
Oscar da Silva, Stanford
Jr., F, Munich, Germany
• Averaged 24.5 points on 62 percent shooting (21-34) and 11.5 rebounds as Stanford split two games, highlighted by a 70-60 upset of then No. 11 Oregon on Saturday.
• Scored career-high 27 points on 11-of-17 shooting and added a season-high 15 rebounds and three assists in win over the Ducks. The victory over Oregon marked the Cardinal's best ranked win since also knocking off No. 11 Oregon in Feb. 2016.
• He is 1-of-3 Division I players to post a line of 27 points, 15 rebounds and three assists in a game this season per College Basketball Reference (Lamine Diane, CSUN; Jayden Gardner, East Carolina).
• Opened week with 22-point, 8-rebound outing against Oregon State.
• First career weekly honor, 11th different recipient in 13 weeks this season.
ALSO NOMINATED: Stone Gettings, ARIZONA; Romello White, ARIZONA STATE; Matt Bradley, CALIFORNIA; McKinley Wright IV, COLORADO; Tres Tinkle, OREGON STATE; Chris Smith, UCLA.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Freshman of the Week (2/3/20)
Jaime Jaquez Jr., UCLA
Fr., G, Camarillo, Calif.
• Averaged 15.5 points on 50 percent shooting from the field (7-14) and 94 percent at the foul line (15-16) along with 5.5 rebounds and 2.5 steals in UCLA's two home wins last week.
• Chipped in 13 points and seven rebounds as UCLA upset then No. 20 Colorado, 72-68, on Thursday.
• The victory snapped a four-game skid to the Buffaloes and was the Bruins' first ranked win since Feb. 2018.
• Added 18 points, four rebounds and four steals in 73-57 victory over Utah on Sunday.
ALSO NOMINATED: Nico Mannion, ARIZONA; Jarod Lucas, OREGON STATE; Tyrell Terry, STANFORD; RaeQuan Battle, WASHINGTON.
2019-20 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK