Pac-12 announces tennis players of the week
Pac-12 Men’s Tennis Player of the Week: Brandon Holt, Sr., USC (Rolling Hills, Calif.)
• Posted a perfect 4-0 record last week as Holt remains undefeated this season in singles (7-0) and doubles (11-0).
• No. 25 (ITA) Holt recorded the match-clinching singles win over Stanford’s Axel Geller (7-5, 6-2) and the match-clinching doubles victory over Timothy Sah and Sangeet Sridhar (6-4) to help No. 3 USC defeat the No. 11 Cardinal (6-1).
• The senior helped secure the Trojans’ second victory of the weekend, topping No. 34 Yuta Kikuchi of California in singles play (6-0, 6-3) and Kikuchi and Jack Molloy (6-2) in doubles action.
• Named Pac-12 Tennis Player of the Week for the fourth time in his career, and earns USC’s 55th all-time award.
ALSO NOMINATED: Alejandro Reguant, ARIZ; Neel Rajesh, STAN; Govind Nanda, UCLA; Russell Benkaim, UTAH; Jack Davis, WASH.
Pac-12 Women’s Tennis Player of the Week: Elysia Bolton, So., UCLA (Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.)
• Bolton went undefeated last week, helping UCLA improve to 4-0 record on the season.
• The No. 14 (ITA) sophomore recorded an impressive win over No. 15 Mariia Kozyreva of Saint Mary’s (Calif.) by a score of 6-4, 6-3 score on the top court.
• Second-ranked duo, Bolton and Jada Hart earned a pair of doubles wins, taking down Kozyreva and Danielle McIntyre of Saint Mary’s (6-1) and Elizaveta Volodko and Amit Lev-Ari of UC Santa Barbara (6-2).
• Bolton earns her second-career weekly award, the 26th all-time for the Bruins.
ALSO NOMINATED: Antonia Balzert, COLO; Eryn Cayetano, USC; Vanessa Wong, WASH; Pang Jittakoat, WSU.
2020 PAC-12 TENNIS PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Jan. 21||Daniel Cukierman, USC||Michaela Gordon, Stanford|
|Jan. 28||Jack Davis, Washington||Angela Kulikov, USC|
|Feb. 4||Brandon Holt, USC||Elysia Bolton, UCLA|