Pac-12 announces women's basketball players of the week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Michaela Onyenwere, Jr., F, UCLA (Aurora, Colo.)
2 GP, 25.0 ppg, .545 FG(18-33), .846 FT (11-13), 6.5 rpg, .600 3PT (3-5)
• In then-No.10/10 UCLA’s upset victory over then-No. 6/5 Stanford (79-69) on Friday, tallied 29 points, going 10-for-16 from the floor.
• Tied a career-high with three 3-pointers in the game, grabbing 10 rebounds for her sixth double-double of the year.
• In the 74-70 UCLA’s victory over California on Sunday, scored 21 points, marking her eleventh 20+ point performance of the season.
• Second time this season receiving weekly honor, including UCLA’s 61st all time.
Also nominated: Aari McDonald, ARIZ; Jaelyn Brown, CAL; Satou Sabally, ORE; Mikayla Pivec, OSU; Kiana Williams, STAN; Alissa Pili, USC; Daneesha Provo, UTAH; Amber Melgoza, WASH; Borislava Hristova, WSU.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Brynna Maxwell, Fr., G, UTAH (Gig Harbor, Wash.)
2 GP, 19.0 ppg, .667 FG (12-18), .667 3PT (6-9), 1.000 FT (8-8), 5.5 rpg
• Led Utah to a pair of wins, scoring 16 points, shooting 55 percent from the line, in the 74-65 win over Washington.
• Finished with a team-high 22 points in Utah’s win over Washington State (78-66) on Sunday, her fourth 20-point outing on the road this season.
• Netted six three pointers between the two games, including knocking down four against the Cougars. Has 62 three-pointers this season, the most by a Ute since 2017-18.
• Leads the Pac-12 in threes made and threes per game, also ranking in the top-five nationally among freshmen in both categories.
• First time this season receiving weekly honor, including UTAH’s seventh all time.
Also nominated: Helena Pueyo, ARIZ; Cailyn Crocker, CAL; Jaz Shelley, ORE; Taylor Jones, OSU; Ashten Prechtel, STAN; Charisma Osborne, UCLA; Angel Jackson, USC.