Oregon's Pritchard, UCLA's Campbell claim Pac-12 Men's Basketball weekly awards
OREGON's Payton Pritchard won Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week for the second time and UCLA's Tyger Campbell was tabbed Freshman of the Week as voted on by media who cover the league.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week (2/24/20)
Payton Pritchard, Oregon
Sr., G, West Linn, Ore.
• The National Player of the Year candidate averaged 28.0 points, 4.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists to help Oregon salvage a road split through Arizona.
• Recorded the top scoring performance in Pac-12 play to date with a career-high 38 points - on a career-best 12 field goals and season-high tying six 3-pointers - along with six rebounds and four assists in 45 minutes of UO's 73-72 overtime victory at then No. 24 Arizona.
• Totaled 18 points and three rebounds in just 29 minutes at Arizona State.
• Currently leads the Pac-12 in both scoring (20.1 ppg) and assists (5.5 apg) - would join Gary Payton (OSU, 1989-90), Damon Stoudamire (ARIZ, 1994-95) and Jason Terry (ARIZ, 1998-99) as the only players in Conference history to accomplish the feat. All three were consensus First Team All-Americans and Payton and Terry were National Players of the Year.
• Fifth to earn two Player of the Week honors this season joining teammate Chris Duarte, Arizona State's Remy Martin, Utah's Timmy Allen and Washington State's CJ Elleby.
ALSO NOMINATED: Alonzo Verge Jr., ARIZONA STATE; McKinley Wright IV, COLORADO; Oscar da Silva, STANFORD; Tyger Campbell, UCLA; Timmy Allen, UTAH; Isaiah Stewart, WASHINGTON; CJ Elleby, WASHINGTON STATE.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Freshman of the Week (2/24/20)
Tyger Campbell, UCLA
Fr., G, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
• Averaged 14.0 points, 7.5 assists and a 5:1 assist-to-turnover ratio as UCLA swept the mountain road swing, just the eighth sweep through the region in the Pac-12 era.
• Opened week with 13 points, four assists and a pair of rebounds in 69-58 victory at Utah.
• Registered his first collegiate double-double with 15 points and 11 assists against just one turnover in a 70-63 upset of then No. 18 Colorado, the Bruins' fifth consecutive victory overall.
• Leads the Pac-12 and is fifth among NCAA Division I freshmen with a 2.48 assist-to-turnover ratio. His rate is a league-leading 2.98 in Conference-only contests.
ALSO NOMINATED: Josh Green, ARIZONA; Tyrell Terry, STANFORD; Onyeka Okongwu, USC; Mikael Jantunen, UTAH; Isaiah Stewart, WASHINGTON.
2019-20 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK