Day 1 — 2020 Pac-12 Women's Swimming and Diving, Men's Diving Championships
Day 1 of the 2020 Pac-12 Women’s Swimming and Diving Championships included the women’s 800-yard freestyle relay, men’s 1-meter diving event and 400-yard medley relay.
800 Freestyle Relay
• The Trojans of USC took home the first win of the Pac-12 Women’s Swimming and Diving Championships with their time of 6:54.91 in the 800-yard freestyle relay.
• USC’s relay squad of Louise Hansson, Jemma Schlicht, Tatum Wade and Laticia Transom recorded the second-fastest time in the country.
• Hansson gave her relay squad an early lead with a time of 1:43.01 in the first leg and Transom logged a time of 1:41.80 as the anchor.
Men’s 1-Meter Dive
• Stanford’s Conor Casey took home the men’s diving 1-meter title with a score of 407.35.
• ASU’s Youssef Selim finished second with a score of 380.25 and Arizona’s Bjorn Markentin recorded a third-place score of 375.95.
400 Medley Relay
• California took home the 400-yard medley relay title with its time of 3:27.26, the second-fastest time in the country this year.
• The relay squad of Keaton Blovad, Ema Rajic, Izzy Ivey and Abbey Weitzeil beat second-place USC (3:30.73) by more than three seconds.
• Senior Weitzeil swam the fastest leg in the relay for the Bears with her time of 45.77.