Pac-12 announces women's basketball players of the week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Satou Sabally, Jr., F, OREGON, (Berlin, Germany)
3 GP, 23.0 ppg, .563 FG (25-43), .833 FT (10-12), 7.0 rpg
• Helped No. 3/3 Oregon go 3-0 with wins over then-No. 4/4 Stanford (74-66), Washington State (88-57) and Washington (92-56). Oregon clinched its third-straight Pac-12 regular season title.
• Scored 27 points on 10-of-17 shooting in a road win at Stanford on Monday.
• Recorded three-straight games of 20+ points, marking seven this season, averaging a team-high 18.6 ppg during the Ducks’ current 16-game win streak.
• First career weekly honor and Oregon’s 58th all-time.
Also nominated: Aari McDonald, ARIZ; Jaelyn Brown, CAL; Aubrey Knight, COLO;
Mikayla Pivec, OSU; Kiana Williams, STAN; Japreece Dean, UCLA; Alissa Pili, USC; Amber Melgoza, WASH.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Alissa Pili, Fr., F, USC ( Anchorage, Alaska)
2 GP, 24.5 ppg, .577 FG (15-26), .850 FT (17-20), 10.0 rpg
• Led USC in scoring in home victories over Utah (69-66) on Friday and Colorado (66-55) on Sunday to close out the regular season.
• Scored a game-high 29 points — three off her career high — in USC's win over Utah.
• Double figures in 14-straight games, scoring 20 points or more in 11 games.
• Fourth time receiving weekly freshman honor, the most of any freshman this season. USC’s eighth all-time.
Also nominated: Helena Pueyo, ARIZ; Eboni Walker, ASU; Jazlen Green, CAL; Taylor Jones, OSU; Francesca Belibi, STAN; Camryn Brown, UCLA; Brynna Maxwell, UTAH.