A Players Program Newsstand - July 17
As the restart of the NBA season draws closer, we wanted to take a look at some news and notes about the seven former Arizona players and two head coaches are preparing now that they have arrived in the "NBA Bubble" in Orlando.
The list of 'Cats competing in the restart includes:
Deandre Ayton (Suns)
Aaron Gordon (Magic)
Solomon Hill (Heat)
Andre Iguodala (Heat)
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (Raptors)
Stanley Johnson (Raptors)
T.J. McConnell (Pacers)
Luke Walton (Head Coach - Kings)
Here's a look at what the restart of the season looks like in terms of what teams are included and how the standings will work:
All 2019-20 NBA Restart games are played across three venues at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Florida and will begin on July 30. Based on a competitive format approved by the NBA Board of Governors and the NBPA, 22 teams will return to play during the 2019-20 NBA season. The 22 teams consist of the 16 teams (eight per conference) in current playoff positions and the six teams that are currently six games or fewer behind the eighth seed in their respective conferences.
At the conclusion of the seeding games, if the eighth seed is four games or fewer ahead of the ninth seed, those teams would compete in a play-in tournament to determine the eighth playoff seed. Playoffs and Finals will proceed in the traditional, conference-based format.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE LATEST STANDINGS
Here's a look at the latest news on the nine former 'Cats in the NBA...
- Phoenix Suns center Deandre Ayton did an interview with ESPN's Mike Schmitz talking about his growth and development as a player: (LINK)
- Sacramento Kings head coach Luke Walton met with members of the media to talk about the season restart in Orlando: LINK
- Walton also talks about how things will change every day as they get ready for the restart: LINK
- The Toronto Raptors shared a photo of Stanley Johnson working out prior to their arrival in Orlando: LINK
- Indiana Pacers guard T.J. McConnell working out: LINK
- Solomon Hill continues to be ready for the Miami Heat: LINK
- After a trade to the Miami Heat, Andre Iguodala is ready for the restart: LINK
- Aaron Gordon and the Magic showing off some dunks: LINK
- Although they aren't part of the restart to the season, Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr offered an update on Klay Thompson: LINK