Colorado Earns ITA All-Academic Team Award
BOULDER – The University of Colorado tennis program was honored with the 2020 Division I Women's Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) All-Academic Team Award, the organization announced on Monday.
In addition, six Buffaloes were named ITA Scholar-Athletes by virtue of achieving a grade point average of 3.5 or above for the 2019-20 season.:
- Antonia Balzert, Fr., Dusseldorf, Germany
- Ky Ecton, So., Fort Collins, Colo.
- Tallulah Farrow, So., Canberra, Australia
- Megan Forster, So., London, England
- Sara Nayar, So., Queensland, Australia
- Ellen Puzak, Fr., Minneapolis, Minn.
The ITA All-Academic Team Award is given to programs that have a season grade point average of 3.2 or above. Colorado's team GPA for 2019-20 was 3.516; a figure which included a 3.778 mark for the spring semester, the best in the CU Athletic Department. It's the sixth time Colorado has earned the All-Academic Team Award, and first since 2015.
Colorado's six ITA Scholar-Athletes ties the 2001 team for the most in one season team history. All six are first-time honorees.