2020 #USCtotheNFL Week 1 Recap
Twenty-three Trojans suited up for Week 1 of the NFL season, and many of them gave us impressive highlights.
The products of WRU didn't disappoint: Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster posted 69 yards and 2 touchdowns. Rams WR Robert Woods had 105 receiving yards and 14 rushing yards. Raiders wideout Nelson Agholor scored a touchdown in his first game in silver and black.
Buccaneers RB Ronald Jones II has taken over the reins as the starter in Tampa Bay, and he posted 66 rush yards and 16 receiving yards in his season opener.
USC's two rookies got their feet wet this weekend. First round pick Austin Jackson started at left tackle for the Dolphins and was widely praised for holding his own, while Colts wideout Michael Pittman Jr. caught each of his 2 targets for a total of 10 yards.
Trojans showed out on defense as well. Broncos DL Jurrell Casey had a disruptive game against his former team, with 6 tackles and 2 passes defended. Giants DL Leonard Williams had 5 tackles and a sack. Cardinals LB Devon Kennard came up big on a goal line stand in Arizona's win over San Francisco. Cowboys DT Antwaun Woods went in at fullback for one play to clear the way for a teammate's touchdown.
In injury news, Titans CB Adoree' Jackson was placed on IR after suffering a knee injury ahead of the season opener. Jackson will have to miss three weeks before he can return. Zach Banner, who had earned the starting right tackle job for the Steelers after an offseason of hard work, went down in Monday's game. NFL Network reports that Banner tore his ACL.
Here is a full list of #USCtotheNFL stats from Week 1:
- Seahawks DE Rasheem Green: 2 tackles
- Browns DE Porter Gustin: 1 tackle
- Browns LB Malcolm Smith: 3 tackles, 1 TFL
- Jets QB Sam Darnold: 215 pass yards, 1 TD, 6 rush yards
- Raiders WR Nelson Agholor: 1 rec, 23 yards, 1 TD
- Colts WR Michael Pittman Jr.: 2 rec, 10 yards
- Dolphins OT Austin Jackson: Started at LT
- Eagles DB Nickell Robey-Coleman: 2 tackles
- Chargers LB Uchenna Nwosu: 4 tackles, 1 sack
- Buccaneers RB Ronald Jones II: 17 carries, 66 yards; 2 rec, 16 yards
- Cardinals LB Devon Kennard: 1 tackle
- Rams WR Robert Woods: 6 rec, 105 rec yards; 1 carry, 14 rush yards
- Cowboys DL Antwaun Woods: 1 tackle
- Cowboys DL Everson Griffen: 3 tackles, 1 pass defended
- Cowboys OT Tyron Smith: Started at LT
- Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster: 6 rec, 69 yards, 2 TD; 1 fumble recovery
- Steelers OT Zach Banner: Started at RT
- Giants DL Leonard Williams: 5 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 sack
- Broncos DL Jurrell Casey: 6 tackles, 2 passes defended, 1 QB hit