2020 #USCtotheNFL Week 4 Recap
It was a lighter week for Trojans in the NFL due to injuries and postponements, but some USC alums who played had career-best games.
Jets QB Sam Darnold kicked off the week on Thursday Night Football. He had his best game of the year to date, throwing for a season-high 230 yards. He also rushed for a career-high 84 yards, plus a touchdown. A big chunk of those yards came on an electrifying 46-yard touchdown run in the first quarter. It was the longest run ever by a Jets QB and the longest run of Darnold's career.
Sammy D with the wheels!!
— USC Football (@USC_FB) October 2, 2020
Darnold's athleticism caught the eye of many prominent athletes.
Helluva run by Darnold! The juke move once he got out the pocket was a RB elite move
— LeBron James (@KingJames) October 2, 2020
Yo that was a crazy run!!
— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) October 2, 2020
What a run!!!!!
— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) October 2, 2020
Buccaneers RB Ronald Jones II also had a nice game on the ground. He carried the ball 20 times for 111 rush yards (both career-highs). He also caught 6 passes for 17 receiving yards.
Raiders wideout Nelson Agholor hauled in 4 passes for 44 receiving yards — both season-highs — plus his second touchdown of the season.
USC had three alumni start at left tackle in Week 4, tied for the most of any school: Austin Jackson (Dolphins), Chuma Edoga (Jets) and Tyron Smith (Cowboys).
Here is a full list of #USCtotheNFL stats from Week 4:
- Jets QB Sam Darnold: 230 pass yards, 84 rush yards, 1 rush TD
- Jets OL Chuma Edoga: Started at LT
- Buccaneers RB Ronald Jones II: 20 carries, 111 rush yards; 6 rec, 17 rec yards
- Chargers LB Uchenna Nwosu: 4 tackles, 2 passes defended
- Dolphins OL Austin Jackson: Started at LT
- Browns LB Malcolm Smith: 4 tackles
- Cowboys DL Antwaun Woods: 5 tackles
- Cowboys DL Everson Griffen: 4 tackles
- Cowboys OL Tyron Smith: Started at LT
- Rams WR Robert Woods: 6 rec, 35 rec yards; 2 rush yards
- Giants DL Leonard Williams: 5 tackles
- Raiders WR Nelson Agholor: 4 rec, 44 yards, 1 TD
- Eagles DB Nickell Robey-Coleman: 2 tackles
Click here for our full #USCtotheNFL season schedule!