#StanfordNFL Week 6: Special Teams Standouts
Reid's Blocked Field Goal
Justin Reid made seven tackles (five solo) with one pass defesded and a key blocked field goal to propel the Texans' comeback to force overtime on Sunday against Tennessee. Reid played in 81 total snaps (100% of defensive snaps), with a game-high 93.7 special teams grade by PFF, in the 42-36 OT loss in Nashville.
— Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) October 18, 2020
Thomas A Special Teams Stud
Michael Thomas made one tackle on 41 snaps in the overtime loss to Tennessee. He now owns an NFL-best 66 special teams tackles since 2015.
— Texans PR (@TexansPR) October 18, 2020
J.J. Has A Day
J.J. Arcega-Whiteside had a key downfield block on a long Miles Sanders' run for the second straight week, this time picking up a fumble in the end zone for his second career touchdown. Arcega-Whiteside also caught a two-point conversion, totaling eight points in the game.
Downfield blocking ?
Ball awareness ?
— Stanford Football (@StanfordFball) October 18, 2020
- Henry Anderson played 25 snaps in a 24-0 loss at Miami on Sunday.
- Jake Bailey had three punts for a net average of 48.3 yards, while pinning two inside the 20 in an 18-12 loss to Denver. He also had two touchbacks and allowed just one kickoff return for 13 yards.
- Zach Ertz had four catches for 33 yards, but suffered an ankle injury in the loss and is expected to miss the next few weeks.
- Cameron Fleming started at right tackle and played 52 snaps in the Giants' 20-19 win over Washington.
- Nate Herbig started at left guard and played all 72 offensive snaps in the 30-28 loss to Baltimore. Herbig did not allow a pressure on 53 pass block snaps.
- Austin Hooper had five catches for 52 yards as the Browns were beaten by Pittsburgh, 38-7.
- Blake Martinez made a mind-boggling 14 tackles (eight solo) on 68 total snaps in the 20-19 win vs. Washington. Martinez has 64 tackles through six weeks, second-most in the NFL.
- Bobby Okereke continued to shine, making seven tackles with two passes defensed, while playing 83 total snaps in the Colts' 31-27 come-from-behind win over the Bengals.
- Jordan Richards played 26 special teams snaps and had one tackle in a 30-28 win over the Eagles.
- Brennan Scarlett made five tackles (three solo) on 56 total snaps in the 42-36 overtime loss at Tennessee.
- Dalton Schultz had four catches for 35 yards in the Cowboys' 38-10 defeat on Monday Night Football.
- Kaden Smith started and made three catches for 15 yards, while totaling a team-best 90.6 offensive grade according to Pro Football Focus, in the Giants' 20-19 win over Washington.
- Levine Toilolo played 15 snaps in the Giants' first victory of the season.
- James Vaughters played 45 total snaps, totaling three tackles and one-half sack in the 23-16 win over Carolina.