Postgame Notes: Oregon State
Washington defeated Oregon State, 27-21, in the 105th meeting between the two teams. Following are game notes from tonight's action:
• UW has now defeated Oregon State nine-straight times. In the last eight of those victories over the Beavers, the Huskies have rushed at least 200 yards in each of those games.
• The Huskies' 267 rushing yards were the most in almost two years exactly when they gained 275 on the ground vs. Oregon State on Nov. 17, 2018.
• The 85 yards allowed by the Huskies through the air are the fewest in nearly a decade. On Nov. 18, 2010, the Huskies held UCLA to just 68 passing yards. Since that 2010 date, the Huskies had held an opponent under 100 passing yards just twice until tonight – the last time coming in the Apple Cup in 2017 when WSU threw for 93 yards.
• How recent UW freshmen QBs have fared in season openers:
Dylan Morris (2020 vs. OSU, W, 27-21): 14-of-24, 141 Yds, long of 42. 4 carries, 21 Yds, TD.
Jake Browning (2015 at Boise St., L, 16-13): 20-of-34, 1 INT, 150 Yds, long of 19.
Jake Locker (2007 at Syracuse, W, 42-12): 14-of-19, 142 Yds, long of 30. 10 carries, 84 Yds, TD.
• Kamari Pleasant scored his third career rushing TD, his first since 10/20/2018 vs. Colorado. His other score came on 9/8/2018 vs. North Dakota.
• Zion Tupuola-Fetui entered the game with two career sacks on no forced fumbles. He added a pair of sacks and his first two fumbles caused.
• Luke Wattenberg made his 33rd consecutive start on the offensive line, but just his first at center. Of those consecutive starts, 27 have come at left guard and five at right tackle.
• Ryan Bowman, Elijah Molden and Brandon McKinney continued their streak of playing in every game over the last four years. All have played in 41 games.
• Ten Husky freshmen made their college debuts tonight: OL Troy Fautanu, LB Drew Fowler (RS), LS Jaden Green, LB Daniel Heimuli (RS), OLB Cooper McDonald, WR Jalen McMillan, QB Dylan Morris (RS), WR Rome Odunze, TE Mark Redman and OLB Sav'ell Smalls.
• The captain for today's game was Jaxson Kirkland.
• The Beavers' TD on a blocked punt was the first by a Husky opponent since USC's Anthony Brown on Oct. 13, 2012.