Beavers Return To Reser, Host Cal Saturday
GAME 3: OREGON STATE VS. CALIFORNIA
November 21, 2020 • Corvallis, Ore. • Reser Stadium • 12:30 p.m. PT • FS1
Play-By-Play: Eric Collins
Radio: Beaver Sports Network (TuneIn)
Play-By-Play: Mike Parker
Analyst: Jim Wilson
Sideline: Ron Callan
Pre-Game: Steve Preece
Satellite Radio: 136 (Sirius), 197 (XM), 959 (Internet)
Live Stats: OSUBeavers.com
Xfinity Comcast: 723 HD / 408 SD
Dish Network: 150
Charter Spectrum: 211
- Oregon State returns to Reser Stadium for the first of two straight at home when the Beavers host California on Saturday. Kickoff is slated for 12:30 p.m. PT.
- The game will be televised on FS1. Eric Collins (play-by-play) and Ben Leber (analyst) will call the game.
- California holds a narrow 38-34 advantage in the all-time series, and Oregon State leads in games played in Corvallis at 15-13.
- Every game this season can be heard live via the TuneIn application, which is available online and on smartphones and tablets. To find the game, once the app has been downloaded, search "Beaver Sports Network."
Oregon State Notes
- Junior running back Jermar Jefferson now has 12 career 100-yard efforts, tying him for sixth-most all-time at Oregon State. Nine of the 12 100-yard games have come on the road. He has played in 12 career road games.
- Champ Flemings is the Pac-12's Special Teams Player of the Week.
- The Beavers held Washington to 141 passing yards in Saturday's game. That's the fewest passing yards allowed in a road or a conference game during Jonathan Smith's three seasons as head coach.
- Oregon State is 6-of-7 in the red zone this season, a year after going 36-for-39. The Beavers have scored touchdowns on 39 of their 46 (84.6 percent) trips inside the red zone the past two seasons.
- The Beavers have already had nine different players make at least one reception this season. Thirteen players made at least one in all of 2019.
- B.J. Baylor's 13-yard touchdown run with 4:41 left in the fourth quarter sealed a 21-17 win for the Beavers in Berkeley last season.
- Oregon State's defense held the Golden Bears to 282 yards of total offense, including 107 on the ground. Avery Roberts led the Beavers with 12 tackles, while Hamilcar Rashed Jr. and Riley Sharp each had three sacks as Oregon State finished with nine overall.
- Artavis Pierce and Isaiah Hodgins each scored first-half touchdowns for the Beavers, who broke a two-game losing streak in games played in Berkeley.
- Pierce ran for 79 yards and Jake Luton threw for 174 yards and two touchdowns in the win.
- California is 0-1 this season after opening its 2020 campaign Sunday with a 34-10 loss at UCLA.
- Cal's game at UCLA on Sunday came after the team's originally scheduled game Saturday at Arizona State was canceled due to Covid-19. The Golden Bears' original season opener, Nov. 7 at Washington, was canceled.
- California leads the all-time series by a a narrow margin at 38-34. The teams have split the last 10 games after the Beavers had taken 12 of the previous 15.
- Run game coordinator/offensive line coach/associate head coach Jim Michalczik has history as an assistant at California. He served as the offensive coordinator and offensive line coach with the Golden Bears from 2011-12 and the asistant head coach and offensive line coach from 2002-08. Cal was 69-45 during his tenure in Berkeley.
- OSU defensive coordinator Tim Tibesar was a graduate assistant with the offensive line at California in 1999.
- Avery Roberts set his previous single-game best with 13 tackles in last season's win at California. He surpassed that this past Saturday with 15 against Washington.
- Oregon State sophomore Luke Musgrave's uncle, Bill, is in his first season as California's offensive coordinator.
News, Notes And More
Twitter.com/BeaverFootball is still the program's main Twitter handle, but the Twitter.com/BeaverFBNews was created prior to the 2019 season.
Follow @BeaverFBNews for news, pre-game and in-game notes and more. The handle will post in-game news and scoring information as it happens.
Flemings Special Teams Honor
- Champ Flemings was named the Pac-12's Special Teams Player of the Week, presented by Nextiva, on Monday.
- He returned four kickoffs for 125 yards last Saturday versus Washington, marking his third-most in a single game.
- He totaled 185 yards on six kickoffs at Washington State in 2018, followed a few games later by 137 yards on six returns against Oregon.
- Saturday's game against the Huskies, however, was his best single-game average with at least four returns. He averaged 31.3 yards per return, just bettering his 30.8 mark at Washington State in 2018.
- Flemings leads the Pac-12 at 25.8 yards per return in 2020, just ahead of Stanford's Nathaniel Peat at 24.6.
- Flemings ranks 15th nationally.
Rashed Jr. And The Reese's Senior Bowl
- Redshirt senior Hamilcar Rashed Jr. recently received an invitation and has accepted play in the 2021 Reese's Senior Bowl.
- He will be the first Beaver to play in it since quarterback Sean Mannion and defensive back Steven Nelson in 2015.
- The 2021 Reese's Senior Bowl is slated for Jan. 30 at 11:30 a.m. PT (1:30 in Mobile, Ala., the site of the game).
Jefferson Through Two
- Jermar Jefferson has 253 rushing yards over the first two games of the season. Both have been 100-yard efforts (120 versus Washington State and 133 against Washington) giving him 12 for his career, which ties him for sixth-most all-time at Oregon State.
- Jefferson surpassed Ryan Nall and Pete Pifer for seventh in the Oregon State record books for rushing yards. Jefferson now has 2,318 through 23 career games.
- Jefferson has four rushing touchdowns this season, which gives him 24 for his career, tying him with Nall for seventh-most at Oregon State.