Football Set For Rivalry Matchup Friday
GAME 4: OREGON STATE VS. OREGON
November 27, 2020 • Corvallis, Ore. • Reser Stadium • 4:30 p.m. PT • ESPN
Play-By-Play: Dave Flemming
Analyst: Rod Gilmore
Sideline: Shelley Smith
Radio: Beaver Sports Network (TuneIn)
Play-By-Play: Mike Parker
Analyst: Jim Wilson
Sideline: Ron Callan
Pre-Game: Steve Preece
Satellite Radio: 132 (Sirius), 197 (XM), 959 (Internet)
Live Stats: OSUBeavers.com
Xfinity Comcast: 35 / 735 HD
Dish Network: 140
Charter Spectrum: 27 / 816 HD
- Oregon State takes on Oregon Friday in the second of back-to-back home games at Reser Stadium. Kickoff is slated for 4:30 p.m. PT. Note, this is a change from its originally announced 4 p.m. start.
- The Oregon State-Oregon rivalry series is presented by Safeway-Albertsons, Spirit Mountain Casino, PacificSource Health Plans, Your Local Toyota Dealers and First Interstate Bank.
- The game will be televised on ESPN. Dave Flemming (play-by-play), Rod Gilmore (analyst) and Shelley Smith (sideline) will call the game.
- The teams have played 123 times previously, tied for the 11th-most at the collegiate level and fifth among FBS teams.
- Oregon holds a 66-47-10 advantage in the all-time series and a 31-20-6 mark in games played in Corvallis.
- Every game this season can be heard live via the TuneIn application, which is available online and on smartphones and tablets. To find the game, once the app has been downloaded, search "Beaver Sports Network."
Oregon State Notes
- Jermar Jefferson is the first Oregon State player to run for 100 or more yards in each of the Beavers' first three games since Steven Jackson in 2003. Jefferson has 449 yards in his first three compared to Jackson's 423 combined against Sacramento State, Fresno State and New Mexico State.
- Jefferson is fourth nationally and second in the Pac-12 averaging 149.7 rushing yards per game. His 449 rush yards leads the Pac-12.
- Tristan Gebbia became just the 11th Pac-12 player to rush, catch and pass for a touchdown in the same game since 1996 when he did so against California.
- Oregon State enters Friday with a 6-8 record in games starting prior to 5 p.m. in Jonahan Smith's three seasons as head coach. Conversely, the Beavers are 2-11 in games that start after 5 p.m.
- Tristan Gebbia passed for 243 yards in his first career start in a 24-10 loss to Oregon last season in Eugene.
- Trevon Bradford had six catches for 53 yards and Jermar Jefferson ran for 81 yards and a touchdown on 20 carries.
- Omar Speights tallied a team-best 10 tackles with a sack.
- The matchup will be the 124th all-time between the teams. The Beavers and Ducks have one of the oldest rivarly series in college football and have met for every year since 1894 except 1900, 1901, 1943 and 1944.
- Oregon leads the all-time series, 66-47-10, and 31-20-3 in games played in Corvallis.
- Head coach Jonathan Smith was 2-2 against Oregon as a letterwinner at Oregon State. He and the Beavers were victorious in 1998, 44-41 (2 OTs), and 2000, 23-13, both in Corvallis. OSU lost at Oregon in 1999 (25-14) and 2001 (17-14).
- Smith passed for 303 yards against Oregon in 1998, which at the time was the most ever by an OSU QB versus the Ducks.
- Tristan Gebbia made his first career start in last season's matchup. Then a redshirt sophomore, he completed 26-of-40 passes attempted for 243 yards.
On The Win Over Cal
- The Beavers won for the second time in the Jonathan Smith era when trailing at halftime. OSU also won for the third time when trailing entering the fourth quarter.
- Oregon State scored first for the 11th time in the Smith era. The Beavers are 7-4 when that happens.
- The Beavers are also now 6-11 under Smith when having a 100-yard rusher.
- Jermar Jefferson's 196 rushing yards are the fourth-most by a Beaver versus the Golden Bears. Five of OSU's top 19 single-game efforts have come against California. All five have come since 2002.
- Oregon State has combined for 23 tackles for loss versus the Golden Bears in the last two games. The Beavers had nine in Saturday's win.
- The 31-27 score marked the first time in the program's history that had been the final in an Oregon State win. The Beavers have lost twice that a 31-27 decision.
Notes On Jermar
- If the Beavers were able to play a full regular season schedule in 2020, Jermar Jefferson would be on pace to gain 1,796 rushing yards. Instead, the junior running back is on pace for 1,047 for a seven-game regular season. He has 449 on just 62 carries through the first three games of the season.
- He now has 25 career rushing touchdowns after picking up one against Cal. That is tied for fifth-most all-time at OSU.
- Jefferson is also now tied for fifth with 13 career 100-yard rushing efforts.
- He's at 2,514 rushing yards, which ranks seventh. He needs 39 to move into sixth and 161 to push into fifth.
- Jefferson is looking to become the first Beaver to rush for 100 yards in the first four games of a season since Steven Jackson had five straight to open 2003.
Roberts Leads The Pac-12
- Avery Roberts has 32 tackles through the first three games of the season. That leads the Pac-12. He is also third with 10.7 tackles per game.
- Roberts's 32 tackles are the most over the first three games of a season by a Beaver since Rueben Robinson also tallied 32 in 2010.
- Additionally, Roberts is the first Beaver with 30 or more tackles in the team's first three games since Rommel Mageo totaled 30 in 2015.