Postgame Notes: Utah
Washington Post-Game Notes
Husky Stadium – 47 degrees, calm and clear.
• According to ESPN and Elias, entering Saturday, Pac-12 teams were 3-148 over the last 15 seasons when trailing by 21+ points at halftime.
• Before tonight's win (a 21-point comeback), the last time UW overcame a 21-point halftime deficit to win was Nov. 12, 1988 against California. The Huskies trailed 24-3 at halftime and won 28-27. Tonight, of course, UW trailed 21-0 at half and won, 24-21, over Utah.
• UW has posted three scoreless halves this season. The second halves vs. Oregon State and Utah, and the first half vs. Arizona.
• UW has yet to concede any points in the third quarter and hold a 30-0 scoring advantage.
• The Huskies have now gone 74-straight games without allowing their opponent to score 35 or more points, the longest such streak in Division I.
• Jimmy Lake is just the second UW coach to begin his coaching tenure 3-0 since James Phelan started 3-0 as head coach in 1930. Chris Petersen went 4-0 out of the gate in his first season at UW in 2014.
• Zion Tupola-Fetui has recorded a strip sack in each of the first three games this season. With his three sacks tonight, he now has seven for minus-49 yards in three games. He entered the year with zero sacks in 14 previous games. He entered the weekend leading the nation with 2.0 sacks per game, and clearly has a good chance of keeping that status.
• A week after going over 100 yards for the first time and catching a career-high seven passes, Cade Otton made eight receptions for 108 yards and two touchdowns – all new career bests. Puka Nacua also set a new career high with six receptions.
• Edefuan Ulofoshio set a new career high with 14 tackles, surpassing his previous high of 11.
• Kamari Pleasant has scored a rushing touchdown in each of the first three games.
• Elijah Molden notched his fifth career interception in the third quarter. Trent McDuffie recorded the second pick of his career to essentially end the game.
• Luke Wattenberg made his 35th consecutive start on the offensive line, the longest active streak among Huskies. Elijah Molden and Brandon McKinney continued their streak of playing in every game over the last four years and have played in 43 total games. Ryan Bowman did not play for the first time in four-year career, snapping his streak at 42-straight games.
• The captain for today's game was Elijah Molden.