Pac-12 announces women’s basketball players of the week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Charisma Osborne, So., G, UCLA (Moreno Valley, Calif.)
1 GP, 31.0 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 6.0 apg, .563 FG (9-16), 1.000 FT (9-9)
- Guided No. 9 UCLA to a season-opening win over Cal State Fullerton with a game-high 31 points and a career-best six assists in 32 minutes of action.
- Was her second 30+ point performance of her young career.
- Went 9-of-16 (.563) from the floor and knocked down 4-of-9 (.444) from three-point range while also going 9-of-9 from the line.
- First time receiving the weekly player honor and second career weekly award nod after being named Freshman of the Week on Feb. 24 last season.
Also nominated: Aari McDonald, ARIZ; Eboni Walker, ASU; Mya Hollingshed, COLO; Taylor Mikesell, ORE; Taylor Jones, OSU; Haley Jones, STAN; Madison Campbell, USC; Tameiya Sadler, WASH.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Tameiya Sadler, Fr., G, WASHINGTON (Vallejo, Calif.)
2 GP, 17.5 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.5 apg, .600 FG (12-20), .889 FT (8-9)
- Hit a game-winning layup with seven seconds left to lead the Huskies past San Diego State while also tallying 12 points in her first collegiate game.
- Paced Washington with 23 points in the victory against BYU, going 7-of-8 (.875) from the field and was a perfect 3-of-3 from beyond the arc. Added seven rebounds and three steals against the Cougars.
- This is the 14th all-time Freshman of the Week honor for Washington.
Also nominated: Lauren Ware, ARIZ; Jaddan Simmons, ASU; Dalayah Daniels, CAL; Frida Forman, COLO; Te-Hina Paopao, ORE; Sasha Goforth, OSU; Cameron Brink, STAN; Emily Bessoir, UCLA; Amaya Oliver, USC.
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 30||Charisma Osborne, UCLA||Tameiya Sadler, WASH|