Postgame Notes: Stanford
Washington Post-Game Notes
Husky Stadium – 55 degrees, sunny and calm.
• The last time Washington played a home game so late in the season was 2009, when Washington wrapped up the season with a 42-10 win over California, also on Dec. 5. Weather that day was also clear, though colder than today. The official temperature at the start of the 2009 game was 43 degrees. Today, it was 55 degrees.
• The following players went through senior ceremonies before today's game: DL Josiah Bronson, DB Brandon McKinney, DB Elijah Molden, DB Keith Taylor and QB Kevin Thomson.
• The Huskies had three true freshmen start today's game, the first time any true freshmen have started on offense or defense this season: WR Jalen McMillan, WR Rome Odunze and OLB Sav'ell Smalls. Additionally, Jacobe Covington became the 11th true freshman to see action when he started on the kick-off return team.
• In the first quarter, both Devin Culp (15 yards) and Jalen McMillan (16 yards) made their first career receptions.
• Ty Jones' 42-yard one-handed reception was the second-longest catch of his UW career. He made a 43-yard snag vs. North Dakota on Sept. 8, 2018. His 79 yards receiving set a new career high.
• Rome Odunze set career highs with five receptions and 69 yards.
• Sean McGrew has scored a rushing touchdown in three of four games this season. Today marked the first time in 36 career games that he's scored twice in the same game.
• Edefuan Ulofoshio has 10 or more tackles in three of four games this season. He set a new career high with 18 tackles. It was the most tackles by a Husky since Ben Burr-Kirven recorded 20 vs. Arizona State in 2018.
• The Huskies have now gone 75-straight games without allowing their opponent to score 35 or more points, the longest such streak in Division I.
• Luke Wattenberg made his 36th consecutive start on the offensive line, the longest active streak among Huskies. Elijah Molden and Brandon McKinney continued their streak of playing in every game over the last four years and have played in 44 total games.
• The captain for today's game was Cade Otton.
• Stanford was the first UW opponent to score in the third quarter. UW holds a 43-7 scoring advantage.