Utah Football Ready To Play Colorado Saturday On FOX
The University of Utah (1-2) will take the national stage on Saturday morning when they take on the Colorado Buffaloes (4-0, 3-0 Pac-12) at 10 a.m. MT on FOX. The game, which was originally scheduled for Friday night, was moved to Fox's prime slot earlier in the week. Search #GoUtes and #UBoyz on social media for conversation about Utah football this season.
UTES ON THE ROAD
Utah is 249-255-12 all-time when playing on the road with Colorado leading the all-time series in Boulder 16-13-1. Utah has won four of the last five games when playing on the road against Colorado, including the Utes' 30-7 win against the Buffaloes in 2018. The Utes won at Colorado in 2018 in snowy conditions on Nov. 17, clinching the Pac-12 South title. Utah scored 30 unanswered points against the Buffaloes in that game for the win.
• With a win, Utah will have won four straight against Colorado (2017, 2018, 2019)
• With a win, Utah will tie the all-time series against Colorado in wins and losses at 32-32 (3 ties).
• Utah has outscored Colorado 109-35 in the last three meetings between the two teams.
• Teams are only converting 28-percent of their third down attempts against the Utes, which ranks sixth in the FBS and first in the Pac-12.
• After Utah's game against the Buffaloes, Kyle Whittingham will have coached in 199 games as the head coach of the Utes. Whittingham is the third-most tenured head coach among active head coaches nationally.
• Utah has won nine of the last 11 games against Colorado, making up ground in the all-time series (31-32-3).
• Utah ranks second in the Pac-12 in time of possession, averaging 33:09 per game.
• Utah is among the least penalized teams in the nation at just 19, ranking sixth in the FBS and fourth in the Pac-12. Entering Utah's game against Oregon State (12/5), Utah had committed only eight penalties in two games.
• Utah has gained six turnovers this season which includes five interceptions. Utah's six turnovers gained ranks fourth in the Pac-12 while its five interceptions ranks first in the league, also ranking third in passing efficiency defense (122.06).
• Utah has held all three of its opponents to under 360 yards of total offense, ranking second in the Pac-12 in total defense (350.7).
• Utah's preseason ranking by AP was the second-highest preseason AP Poll rank the Utes have received since 2015 after being voted No. 14 in 2019.