Pac-12 announces Women’s Basketball Players of the Week - Dec. 21, 2020
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Aari McDonald, Sr., G, ARIZONA (Fresno, Calif.)
2 GP, 21.5 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 4.0 apg, 3.5 spg, .400 3FG (6-15), 1.000 FT (13-13)
- Scored 24 points, including 21 in the second half, to lead No. 6 Arizona past Colorado.
- Added eight rebounds against the Buffaloes and went 11-of-11 (1.000) from the line.
- Dished out six assists and had six steals to go with 19 points in the win against Utah.
- Went 3-of-7 (.429) from three-point range against the Utes.
- Has scored in double-figures in 72-straight games, which is the longest active streak in the country.
- This is McDonald’s sixth-career weekly honor and Arizona’s 48th all-time.
Also nominated: Taya Hanson, ASU; Jaylyn Sherrod, COLO; Nyara Sabally, ORE; Kiana Williams, STAN; Natalie Chou, UCLA; Endyia Rogers, USC; Johanna Teder, WSU.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Sydney Parrish, Fr., G, Oregon (Fishers, Ind.)
1 GP, 18.0 ppg, 3.0 rpg, .583 FG (7-12), .500 3FG (4-8)
- Paced No. 7 Oregon with a career-best 18 points in the win at Washington, 12 of which came in the fourth quarter, and shot 7-of-12 (.583) from the field in 21 minutes.
- Went 4-of-8 (.500) from beyond the arc and added three rebounds.
- This is her second game in double figures and is the fifth different Duck to lead the team in scoring this season.
- This is the league-leading 26th Freshman of the Week honor for Oregon and first for Parrish.
Also nominated: Jaddan Simmons, ASU; Dalayah Daniels, CAL; Frida Formann, COLO; Cameron Brink, STAN; Emily Bessoir, UCLA; Peyton McFarland, UTAH; Charlisse Leger-Walker, WSU.
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 30||Charisma Osborne, UCLA||Tameiya Sadler, WASH|
|Dec. 7||Haley Jones, STAN||Sasha Goforth, OSU|
|Dec. 14||Brynna Maxwell, UTAH||Charlisse Leger-Walker, WSU|
|Dec. 21||Aari McDonald, ARIZ||Sydney Parrish, ORE|
*Player of the Week awards include games from the previous week through Sunday.