Pac-12 Women’s Basketball tips off 2021 with highly-anticipated league action
• Once again the Conference of Champions enters the week with four teams in the AP top 25, three of which ranked in the top 10. STANFORD is ranked #1 for the fourth-straight week and is followed by #6 ARIZONA, #8 OREGON and #11 UCLA. OREGON STATE and ARIZONA STATE are both receiving votes.
• The Pac-12 tips off the new year with multiple top-25 league matchups, starting on New Year’s Day with #6 ARIZONA hosting top-ranked STANFORD at 4 p.m. PT / 5 p.m. MT, and continuing on Sunday as #8 OREGON takes on #11 UCLA at 1 p.m. PT / 2 p.m. MT, both airing on Pac-12 Network. They will mark the fourth and fifth matchups of AP Top 25 teams so far in Conference play.
• The Pac-12 concluded non-conference play last week, finishing with a 23-4 (.852) mark against countable NCAA Division I non-conference opponents. It marked the fourth time in the past five seasons the league recorded an .800-or-better non-conference win percentage.
• With STANFORD maintaining the top spot in the AP Top 25 rankings this week, the Cardinal has been ranked #1 in the poll for the third-straight year. A Pac-12 team has been ranked #1 in the AP Top 25 in 11 of the past 26 weeks (Last season OREGON was ranked #1 in the preseason to week-four polls and Stanford was #1 from weeks five to seven). The Ducks have been ranked in the top-10 for 64-straight weeks.
• In addition to having the longest active winning streak in the country at 26 straight, #8 OREGON has also one 23-straight conference games, which is the third-longest active stream in the country. Their 13-straight road wins is also the second-longest active streak in the nation.
• The NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Committee announced the 2021 NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Championship will be held in one geographic area and has begun preliminary talks with San Antonio and the surrounding region to serve as the potential landing spot for the 64-team tournament. More information can be found here.
CONFERENCE STANDINGS (Expanded Standings)
|Teams||Pac-12 Record||Overall Record|
PAC-12 WEEKLY SCHEDULE (All games, tip times & TV broadcasts are subject to change)
For the most up-to-date schedules, visit Expanded Schedule
|Friday, January 1|
|Washington State at Utah||Live Stream||12 p.m. MT|
|Washington at Colorado||Live Stream||3 p.m. MT|
|California at Arizona State||P12N||3 p.m. MT|
|#1 Stanford at #6 Arizona||P12N||5 p.m. MT|
|USC at #8 Oregon||P12N||6 p.m. PT|
|Sunday, January 3|
|California at #6 Arizona||P12N||12 p.m. MT|
|Washington State at Colorado||P12MT & P12WA||12 p.m. MT|
|#11 UCLA at #8 Oregon||P12N||1 p.m. PT|
|Washington at Utah||P12MT & P12WA||2 p.m. MT|
|#1 Stanford at Arizona State||P12N||4 p.m. MT|
PAC-12 PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Nov. 30||Charisma Osborne, UCLA||Tameiya Sadler, WASH|
|Dec. 7||Haley Jones, STAN||Sasha Goforth, OSU|
|Dec. 14||Brynna Maxwell, UTAH||Charlisse Leger-Walker, WSU|
|Dec. 21||Aari McDonald, ARIZ||Sydney Parrish, ORE|
|Dec. 28||Jordan Sanders, USC||Charlisse Leger-Walker, WSU|