Pac-12 Men's Basketball Weekly Awards, presented by Nextiva - Jan. 4, 2021
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 announced its sixth weekly honors of the 2020-21 men's basketball season as presented by Nextiva and voted on by media who cover the league.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week, presented by Nextiva (1/4/21)
Chris Duarte, OREGON
Sr., G, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
• Averaged 21.0 points on 50 percent shooting (15-30), including 47 percent from deep (9-19), along with 4.5 rebounds and 2.5 steals in Oregon's two victories last week.
• Third career Pac-12 Player of the Week award after collecting the honor twice in 2019-20. The three honors trails only Dillon Brooks' and Blair Rasmussen's four for the most in Oregon program history.
• Was clutch late in both victories, scoring a combined 25 points inside the final six minutes against California and Stanford.
• Scored 14 of his 19 points in the final 5:18 to help the Ducks turn a three-point lead into a 13-point victory over the Golden Bears.
• Tallied 11 of team-high 23 points in the final 5:43 to turn a four-point cushion into a 17-point win over the Cardinal.
ALSO NOMINATED: Terrell Brown Jr., Arizona; Evan Battey, Colorado; Maurice Calloo, Oregon State; Tyger Campbell, UCLA; Timmy Allen, Utah; Isaac Bonton, Washington State.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Freshman of the Week, presented by Nextiva (1/4/21)
Bennedict Mathurin, ARIZONA
Fr., G/F, Montreal, Canada
• Averaged 12.3 points, 5.7 rebounds and 1.3 steals in Arizona's three wins last week. Provided a major boost in the Wildcats' sweep through Washington, averaging 18.5 points and 8.5 rebounds on the road swing.
• Recorded a 24-point, 11-rebound double-double in Arizona's double-overtime victory at Washington State on Saturday.
• Scored 13 points, including critical baskets near the end of regulation and first overtime, and grabbed all 11 rebounds in the second half or overtime periods against the Cougars.
• Also led Arizona with 13 points and added six rebounds at Washington.
• Marks Arizona's league-leading sixth Freshman of the Week honor since the award was established in 2019-20.
ALSO NOMINATED: Andrej Jakimovski, Washington State.
2020-21 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 30||McKinley Wright IV, COLO||Josh Christopher, ASU|
|Dec. 7||Eugene Omoruyi, ORE||Evan Mobley, USC|
|Dec. 14||Jemarl Baker Jr., ARIZ||Evan Mobley, USC|
|Dec. 21||Oscar da Silva, STAN||Ziaire Williams, STAN|
|Dec. 28||McKinley Wright IV, COLO||Efe Abogidi, WSU|
|Jan. 4||Chris Duarte, ORE||Bennedict Mathurin, ARIZ|