Huskies Head to Santa Cruz to Face Stanford
UW (1-7, 0-3 P12) vs Stanford (6-3, 2-1 P12)
UW hits the road for Pac-12 action in California as it takes on Stanford at Kaiser Permanente Arena in Santa Cruz on Thursday, Jan. 7 at 6 p.m. The game will be broadcast on FS1 with Jim Kozimor and Dan Belluomini on the call. Additionally, fans can tune into KJR 950AM to hear Tony Castricone and Jason Hamilton on the official Husky Radio Broadcast. Stanford owns the narrow series mark over the Huskies at 79-73. Washington last won at Stanford under Coach Hopkins in 2019 with a 62-61 victory on March 3.
The Coach (64-46 at UW/4th Year)
Head Coach Mike Hopkins is in his fourth year at Washington, and fourth as a head coach after becoming the 19th head coach in UW history. During his 22 years as an assistant at Syracuse, Hopkins was a part of teams that reached the NCAA Tournament 16 times including the 2003 National Championship, four Final Fours, five Elite Eights and 10 Sweet 16s along with four NIT berths. Syracuse never dipped below a 55.0 percent record while Hopkins was on staff. Hopkins is a two-time Pac-12 Coach of the Year, winning the honor in each of his first two seasons with the Huskies as he led UW to back-to-back 20 win seasons with postseason appearances each year. (2018 NIT, 2019 NCAA Second Round).
• Quade Green has recorded three 20-point scoring efforts this season with his most recent coming against Arizona as he posted 23 points ... the last player with three 20-point games in the first eight outings of the season was Noah Dickerson in 2018-19
• With his two assists against Arizona, Quade Green now has 103 career assists at UW in just 23 games ... averaging 4.5 a game while being a Husky
• Washington had a season-low nine turnovers against Colorado, marking their fewest in a game since eight against Oregon State on Jan. 16, 2020 at home.
• Redshirt sophomore Nate Roberts is currently tied for fifth in the Pac-12 in rebounding pulling down 7.5 per game
• Sophomore Nate Roberts recorded his second career double-double against Montana, with 13 points and 10 rebounds ... he is averaging 10.3 points and 9.8 rebounds over the last four outings
• Off the bench or in the starting lineup, junior Nate Pryor has been efficient over the last five games, averaging 10.4 points and three assists, he has reached double figures three times and most recently set a career high with 15 points against Colorado, 13 points against Seattle U while pulling down five boards and adding three assists and then tying the 13 points against Montana ... he also dished out three assists and had two steals against Oregon
• Prior to the Montana game, Quade Green was averaging 20.8 points, shooting 54.2% from the field, 50.0% from the 3-point line and 90% from the charity stripe in the previous four games (Ore, Seattle, Utah, UCR)
• The Huskies shot a perfect 10-of-10 from the FT line against Oregon, making it just the fourth time in UW history, the Dawgs were 100 percent from the line with 10 or more attempts
• Sophomore RaeQuan Battle's career-high 19 points against Oregon came in just 21 minutes ... he also knocked down a career-high tying four from 3-point range
• Over three of the last five games, Washington has limited its opponents to just four made per game from long distance ... Seattle U went 4-of-23 (17.4), Oregon went 4-of-19 (21.1) and Montana went 4-of-13 (30.8)