2020 #USCtotheNFL Playoff Preview
The NFL Playoffs begin tomorrow, and 13 Trojans are on the hunt for the Lombardi Trophy.
Colts WR Michael Pittman Jr. and Bills QB Matt Barkley will kick off the playoffs on Saturday at 10:05 am PT. Barkley has served as a backup this season, while Pittman has 503 receiving yards and 1 TD. DB Marvell Tell III is also on the Colts roster, but he opted out of the season.
At 1:40 pm PT on Saturday, four Trojans will take the field when the Rams face the Seahawks in Seattle. Rams WR Robert Woods posted 936 receiving yards and 6 touchdowns in the regular season. He'll go up against Seahawks DL Rasheem Green, who has 10 tackles and 2 sacks this season. USC alum Jordan Simmons will likely start at left guard for the Seahawks, while USC alum Chad Wheeler might see time on Seattle's offensive line as well. Former USC head coach Pete Carroll will be leading the way for the Seahawks.
Ronald Jones II gets the spotlight all to himself in the final Wild Card game on Saturday, as the Buccaneers take on the Washington Football Team at 5:15 pm PT. Jones had a stellar regular season, with a career-high 978 rush yards and 7 rush TD, plus 165 receiving yards and a receiving TD.
Sunday's action kicks off at 10:05 am PT with Adoree' Jackson and the Titans hosting the Baltimore Ravens. Jackson has only appeared in four games this season due to injury, but is healthy heading into the postseason. CB Iman Marshall is on injured reserve for the Ravens.
No Trojans will take the field when the Saints host the Bears at 1:40 pm PT on Sunday.
JuJu Smith-Schuster and the Pittsburgh Steelers will host Malcolm Smith, Porter Gustin and the Cleveland Browns to round out Wild Card Weekend on Sunday at 5:15 pm PT. Smith-Schuster racked up 831 yards this season and 9 touchdowns, which ranked Top 10 in the league. Smith is the second-leading tackler on the Browns, with 72 tackles on the season, but is currently on the Reserve/COVID-19 list. Gustin has been a pleasant surprise with the Browns this season, posting 13 tackles.
Here is a full schedule of Trojans in the NFL Playoffs:
Wild Card Weekend
Saturday, Jan. 9
(7) Colts at (2) Bills, 10:05 am PT (CBS)
- Colts WR Michael Pittman Jr.
- Colts DB Marvell Tell III (opt-out)
- Bills QB Matt Barkley
(6) Rams at (3) Seahawks, 1:40 pm PT (Fox)
- Rams WR Robert Woods
- Seahawks DL Rasheem Green
- Seahawks OL Jordan Simmons
- Seahawks OL Chad Wheeler
(5) Buccaneers at (4) Washington Football Team, 5:15 pm PT (NBC)
- Buccaneers RB Ronald Jones II
Sunday, Jan. 10
(5) Ravens at (4) Titans, 10:05 am PT (ABC)
- Titans CB Adoree' Jackson
- Ravens CB Iman Marshall (injured reserve)
(7) Bears at (2) Saints, 1:40 pm PT (CBS / Nickelodeon / Amazon Prime)
- No Trojans on either team
(6) Browns at (3) Steelers, 5:15 pm PT (NBC)
- Browns LB Porter Gustin
- Browns LB Malcolm Smith (Reserve/COVID-19)
- Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster