Huskies Wrap Up Bay Area Trip at Cal on Saturday
UW (1-8, 0-4 P12) vs California (5-7, 0-5 P12)
UW continues its Bay Area road swing this weekend, taking on California in Berkeley at Haas Pavilion on Saturday, Jan. 9 at Noon. The game will be broadcast on the Pac-12 Networks with Roxy Bernstein and Mike Montgomery on the call. Additionally, fans can tune into KJR 950AM to hear Tony Castricone and Jason Hamilton on the official Husky Radio Broadcast. California owns the narrow series mark over the Huskies at 86-82.
The Coach (64-47 at UW/4th Year)
Head Coach Mike Hopkins is in his fourth year at Washington, and fourth as a head coach after becoming the 19th head coach in UW history. During his 22 years as an assistant at Syracuse, Hopkins was a part of teams that reached the NCAA Tournament 16 times including the 2003 National Championship, four Final Fours, five Elite Eights and 10 Sweet 16s along with four NIT berths. Syracuse never dipped below a 55.0 percent record while Hopkins was on staff. Hopkins is a two-time Pac-12 Coach of the Year, winning the honor in each of his first two seasons with the Huskies as he led UW to back-to-back 20 win seasons with postseason appearances each year. (2018 NIT, 2019 NCAA Second Round).
• In his first start of the season, sophomore Marcus Tsohonis recorded a career-high 24 points against Stanford ... it was Tsohonis' ninth double-digit scoring game of his career and his second-straight after scoring 14 against Colorado
• Junior Jamal Bey also set a career-high against Stanford with his 15 points and knocked down a career-best three from long distance
• Washington had three players reach 15 points last night in Tsohonis (24), Bey (15) and Green (15), making the first game since Dec. 22, 2019 (Ball State) that the Dawgs have had three players score 15 or more ... Washington's 75 points were also a season high
• UW recorded a season-high 12 steals at Stanford, the first double-digit steal night for the Huskies this season
• UW is currently third in the Pac-12 in blocks averaging 4.6 per game and fourth in steals (7.44spg).
• Quade Green has recorded three 20-point scoring efforts this season with his most recent coming against Arizona as he posted 23 points ... the last player with three 20-point games in the first nine outings of the season was Noah Dickerson in 2018-19
• With his season-high five assists against Stanford, Quade Green now has 108 career assists at UW in just 24 games ... averaging 4.5 a game while being a Husky
• Washington had a season-low nine turnovers against Colorado, marking their fewest in a game since eight against Oregon State on Jan. 16, 2020 at home.
• Redshirt sophomore Nate Roberts is currently fourth in the Pac-12 in rebounding pulling down 7.4 per game
• Sophomore Nate Roberts recorded his second career double-double against Montana, with 13 points and 10 rebounds ... he is averaging 10.3 points and 9.8 rebounds over the last four outings
• Off the bench or in the starting lineup, junior Nate Pryor has been efficient over the last five games he's played, averaging 10.4 points and three assists, he has reached double figures three times and most recently set a career high with 15 points against Colorado, 13 points against Seattle U while pulling down five boards and adding three assists and then tying the 13 points against Montana ... he also dished out three assists and had two steals against Oregon
• The Huskies shot a perfect 10-of-10 from the FT line against Oregon, making it just the fourth time in UW history, the Dawgs were 100 percent from the line with 10 or more attempts
• Sophomore RaeQuan Battle's career-high 19 points against Oregon came in just 21 minutes ... he also knocked down a career-high tying four from 3-point range
• Washington's 32-point win over Seattle tied for the third-largest margin of victory under Coach Hopkins
• Wright currently has 116 career blocks which is sixth all-time at UW, passing Aziz N'Diyae (113) ... he is now 21 behind fifth place (137, Malik Dime) and 70 behind the UW record of 186 (Matisse Thybulle and Christian Welp)