Cal-Utah Postgame Notes
Jan 16, 2021
- Cal starters: Makale Foreman, Ryan Betley, Kuany Kuany, Grant Anticevich, Andre Kelly
- Cal's 50 second-half points were its most in a single half this season. The offensive outburst came after the Bears tied their season-low for points in a half with 22 in the first.
- Cal improved to 6-0 this season when scoring 70 or more points.
- The Bears earned their first true road win of the season Saturday. It was also Cal's first conference regular-season victory away from home since Feb. 19, 2020 at Washington State.
- Grant Anticevich scored 10 of his team-high 14 points in the second half. He was perfect from the field in the second half, going 4-of-4 along with a pair of 3-pointers.
- Anticevich's 14 points were his third most this season, and most since returning to play following a four-game absence (injury).
- Cal converted 17 points off of 17 Utah turnovers.
- The Bears tallied six steals, including three by Joel Brown.
- Makale Foreman (12 points) scored in double figures for the third straight game and ninth time this season.
- With 11 points and a team-high nine rebounds, Andre Kelly just missed a double-double. It was his fifth straight game with 10-plus points.
- Leading scorer Matt Bradley was inactive for the fourth straight game and sixth time in eight games.
- Kuany Kuany returned from a two-game absence (injury) and earned his second start of the season.
Related News & Videos
7 minutes ago