Pac-12 Men's Basketball Weekly Awards, presented by Nextiva - Jan. 25, 2021
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 announced its ninth weekly honors of the 2020-21 men's basketball season as presented by Nextiva and voted on by media who cover the league.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week, presented by Nextiva (1/25/21)
Jamal Bey, WASHINGTON
Jr., G, Las Vegas, Nev.
• Led Washington to a home sweep of Colorado and Utah by averaging 21.0 points on 79 percent shooting (15-19) from the field, including 6-of-7 behind the arc.
• Hyper-efficient in victory over Utah, scoring a career-high 28 points on just 11 field goal attempts (10-11 FG, 4-4 3FG) while adding five rebounds and four steals.
• Opened week with 14 points, three rebounds and two blocks to help Huskies earn first Conference win of season in snapping the Buffaloes' six-game win streak.
• First career weekly award for Bey, who currently paces the Pac-12 in three-point percentage (51.5%) and is averaging 15.3 points on 57 percent shooting (32-56) from the field and 52 percent behind the arc (13-25) over the last six games.
ALSO NOMINATED: James Akinjo, Arizona; Grant Anticevich, California; Evan Battey, Colorado; Ethan Thompson, Oregon State; Oscar da Silva, Stanford; Johnny Juzang, UCLA; Evan Mobley, USC; Timmy Allen, Utah; Noah Williams, Washington State.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Freshman of the Week, presented by Nextiva (1/25/21)
Evan Mobley, USC
Fr., F, Murrieta, Calif.
• Wooden Award and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Center of the Year candidate averaged a double-double of 18.5 points and 10.5 rebounds as USC split a pair of road games last week. The 7-0 forward added 2.5 assists and 2.0 blocks and shot 52 percent from the field (11-21) and 82 percent at the foul line (14-17).
• Fourth Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor ties the most since the award's creation prior to the 2019-20 season (Zeke Nnaji, ARIZ; Isaiah Stewart, WASH).
• Scored eight of the Trojans' final 12 points en route to a season-high 25 points in helping USC pull away late for win at California.
• Recorded his league-leading sixth double-double of the season with 12 points and 13 rebounds in narrow loss at Oregon State.
ALSO NOMINATED: Dalen Terry, Arizona; Jabari Walker, Colorado.
2020-21 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 30||McKinley Wright IV, COLO||Josh Christopher, ASU|
|Dec. 7||Eugene Omoruyi, ORE||Evan Mobley, USC|
|Dec. 14||Jemarl Baker Jr., ARIZ||Evan Mobley, USC|
|Dec. 21||Oscar da Silva, STAN||Ziaire Williams, STAN|
|Dec. 28||McKinley Wright IV, COLO||Efe Abogidi, WSU|
|Jan. 4||Chris Duarte, ORE||Bennedict Mathurin, ARIZ|
|Jan. 11||Oscar da Silva, STAN||Evan Mobley, USC|
|Jan. 18||McKinley Wright IV, COLO||Jabari Walker, COLO|
|Jan. 25||Jamal Bey, WASH||Evan Mobley, USC|